Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Need Charging Advice

Old 05-25-2019, 06:48 AM
jazee

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Need Charging Advice

I've got a 4-cell (99 Whr) 14.8V LIthium Ion Polymer battery for a drone. It says "Charged limited voltage: 16.8V - Charge at 1C Max" The stock charger says output 17.4V 3A. It takes about 2.5 hours to charge. I have a one time need to be able to charge the battery faster than normal as I have a time constrained photo shoot that will require me to use the battery more than once in the shortest period possible. I have a Tenergy TB6 balanced charger on the way. What would be the recommended charge settings to charge this pack faster just in this one instance without risking significant damage?
Old 05-26-2019, 03:03 PM
RustyUs

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

That TB6B charger is only a 5A, 50 watt charger. No matter how much wattage your power supply has, that Tenergy charger will only output 50 watts maximum. When you go to charge your 4S 9900mAh LiPo battery, that charger will max out at around 3 amps, even if you have the amps set to the maximum 5 amps, and still take at least 3 hours to charge .

In hopes of getting a 1C charge rate, and being able to charge the battery in about an hour, you would need a 10A charger with at least 166 watts.