Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

triton charger and small capacity packs

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

triton charger and small capacity packs

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 07:35 AM
petergordon
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default triton charger and small capacity packs

I'm just getting ready to put together an indoor electric funfly plane, and have come to the point to do the "set charge" on my two battery packs. They are Nimh, and about 800 mAh

The problem is that I know that I have to do a "set charge" on these packs, and usually that means charging at an overnight charge rate (to take 14 hours). The Triton only goes down to 0.1 A (100 mA) which would charge these packs in about 10 hours (give or take). Although this may be good enough, I started wondering about smaller packs, like the ones that you get with a new radio system. These are typically 600 mAh packs.

Any suggestions?

Peter
Old 10-13-2003, 08:13 AM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Default RE: triton charger and small capacity packs

I wonder if the "AUTO" mode addresses this issue_bob
Old 10-13-2003, 02:08 PM
N55340
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: triton charger and small capacity packs

I generally use the 0.1A setting for all new packs with my Triton. Not saying that it is proper, but it works for me. The AUTO setting does not address the issue.