Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Does anyone have this charger. Hughes RC

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Does anyone have this charger. Hughes RC

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 09:19 PM
Doug D.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Does anyone have this charger. Hughes RC

I got my Hughes RC Charge + TX/RX yesterday. And I'm going to give it a work out. I had been looking at it for some time, ever since I had seen there ad in High Flight. I've seen people using the Sirus Quad charger and their comments where positve. But the Hughes system costs less and has the same features. I'll give updates over the following months if anyboby would like, but would love to hear if anybody else likes this system. [&:]
Old 12-05-2003, 09:50 AM
edgeman55
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Does anyone have this charger. Hughes RC

I have had mine for 3 months and it works great.My 40% has 3 2700 Nimh and my 1100 NiCad on tx.just plug in and let it do its thing.I also got a smart check cycler for batt. checks.I think a lot of people knock it because it will not program or handle the new LiPoly type cells.But I will be with good old Nicads and Nimh for the time being and this unit fits all my needs.Also it looks to be built quite well.
Old 12-07-2003, 06:26 PM
Doug D.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply Edgeman. Had heard that they where selling a lot of them out west. Most of the guys out here use the Lithium types. I prefer nicads as well. Have used them to long to want to spend what they want for Lithiums. Although good nicads aren't all that cheap, there are a bit safer. Was hoping to hear from more users out there. Where are they?
[&:]
Old 12-11-2003, 12:06 PM
RCP57
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had mine for over 6 months now. It is a great unit. You just plug in your batteries and walk away. The unit works as advertised and the support from Randy is outstanding. I get over full rated capacity from the unit. I don’t own any other charger any more.

I had a Sirus and got rid of it a long time ago. I would not charge to capacity. When I questioned my results I was given further advise on how to reach full capacity. Using it resulted in less than the rated capacity on all my NiCAD & NiMH batteries.