Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Triton no longer charge NIMH batteries

Old 05-01-2005, 08:51 AM
blikseme300
My Feedback: (118)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Triton no longer charge NIMH batteries

G19Man

I think you hit the nail on the head with your post regarding the settings. I had the same problem with false peaking. I actually stopped using my 2 Tritons and replaced them with Supernova 250's. Once i went through and changed the cut-off threshold they worked just fine.

IMHO - the defaults of the charger sux.

Thanks for your post on this.

Safe Flying!
Old 05-04-2005, 05:52 PM
selwyn
My Feedback: (19)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Guys..thanks for all the usefull info..could you tell me what you have your "peak sensitivity"set at for Ni-Mh packs. I have my cut off set at 0.9v, but not sure about the other setting yet, as I just charged a 2100 Mah pack and it ended at 2065 Mah...not sure if this is good enough, as this is a new pack and I am sure I can get a full charge...please advise me. Also have any of you figured out the correct settings for Ni-Cd packs yet??

Thanks in advance

Selwyn
Old 05-08-2005, 10:54 PM
iflyrctoo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

A friend of mine was having the same problem with his new Triton this week... False peaking and not discharging. He was trying to cycle some new Nimh 2100 4 cell packs. They would only charge to about 170 mah before peaking. The charge leads were 24 or 26 gauge wire. We changed out the leads and put in some 18 gauge wire and everything started working. I think there must be a voltage drop across the small wire and the Triton can't measure the peak correctly. The charge leads are the only thing we changed.

Joe Dunnaway