Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Hitec CG-340- how good does it work?

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Hitec CG-340- how good does it work?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 01:20 PM
wingspan99
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec CG-340- how good does it work?

I have had one of these for two years and I have no complaints about it. My Hobbico Quick Field Charger Mkll has started overcharging my radio's AA Nimh batteries when I set the current lower than .5amp so I ordered another 2 of these CG-340's to replace it but I haven't done any precision testing on them. One thing I really like about them is that my batteries never get more than lukewarm so I know it isn't overcharging at all. With a price of $34.99 it's hard to beat.
-Tom
Old 10-05-2004, 02:16 AM
Nashcat
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Hitec CG-340- how good does it work?

I've had mine for almost 2 years, and have had no complaints. It does what they say it will do. I checked the dial amp setting with my Fluke digital meter and the settings are real close to the marks on the dial. On Ni-Cd the peak voltage is right at 1.45V per cell. Works for me.

Nashcat
Old 10-05-2004, 08:51 AM
wingspan99

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know, if it was doing it's job. I'm going to use three of these as my main means of charging. I have many other chargers but they all require some kind of manual intervention to prevent them from overcharging.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:34 PM
Crash Master

I was just reading the write-up on this at Hitec and they state it has a "Peak Charge" and "Delta Peak Cut Off". Doesn't that mean that there should be no "manual intervention to prevent them from overcharging."? Isn't there a turn it on and leave it kind of charger in the under-$100 range?

Inquiring minds want to know,
Old 10-05-2004, 01:58 PM
wingspan99

I think you misunderstood my last post, I meant that my chargers OTHER than my CG-340 require manual intervention. The CG-340 automatically turns itself off after it peaks the battery.