Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

6volt vs. 4.8volt

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 10:31 AM
tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6volt vs. 4.8volt

Does 6volts discharge faster than 4.8volts when operating servos,and what voltage can you go down to on 6volts and still be safe to fly.I thought the higher the voltage the lower the current draw,am I wrong?
Old 12-26-2004, 11:09 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Default RE: 6volt vs. 4.8volt

Because the servo's more power it discharges faster. You can still go down to 4.8. Alot has to do to your flying style too. Dennis
Old 12-26-2004, 11:56 AM
Flying Geezer
My Feedback: (14)

Be watchful after a 5 cell pack drops below 6 volts. It will drop off pretty quickly compared to the discharge curve above 6 volts.
Old 12-26-2004, 12:19 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: DadsToysBG

Because the servo's more power it discharges faster. You can still go down to 4.8. Alot has to do to your flying style too. Dennis
And more, it has to do wth your CRASHING style. If you try to fly a 5 cell pack down to 4.8 volts your battery is essentially discharged. You might have enough capacity to make it 3/4 the way around the field should you miss the landing approach. If the cells are even slightly out of balance the pack could see one cell go into reverse - and the pack could go through 4.8 volts so fast you might get extra points for a perfect figure 9.