Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

charger for lithium polymer batteries

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

charger for lithium polymer batteries

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 11:19 PM
V-Tail
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default charger for lithium polymer batteries

Dear All,

I'm looking for a charger for lithium polymer cells but not a full up charger like the orbit or schultze chargers. I already have a dymond super smart (similar to FMA supernova) for doing that. I have read that there are chargers available for 50 bucks. Does anyone know where to get these?

I also have a lithium metal (tadiran) charger but I don't know if it can be used for lithium polymer batteries. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Ed
Old 10-03-2002, 09:38 PM
rcairmike
My Feedback: (19)

did you try www.wildrc.com
Old 10-07-2002, 01:13 PM
larryflew
My Feedback: (13)

Lion chargers can be used for poly batteries. If you happen to be using 2 cells all the time a qualcomm or samsung cell phone charger works great. Qualcomm and samsung use 2 cell packs while others use only one.
Old 12-15-2002, 12:16 PM
redxfred
My Feedback: (3)

I just bought a Cellular phone that came with a NIMH battery and a wall wart charger. The instruction manual indicates that optional Lithium Polymer batteries may also be charged with that charger, so I bought one for the vibration option. I have used it with no problems, whatsoever.

Hope this helps.

Fred
Old 12-15-2002, 03:23 PM
DuralitePlus Support

Just a word to the wise. Lithium-ion and Lithium Polymer batteries require a controlled charge cycle. The commercial products using this technology for power include this circuitry in the apparatus or the pack. This control circuitry is not included with most cells or packs provided to the hobby so it is very important which charger one uses to perform this task. Make sure that you are using a proper charger and not just a power supply used for cell phones or similar products. The cell phones that say you can use the same charger for the NiMH pack and also for a Lithium-ion pack have the charging control circuitry included in the pack, what you are plugging into that phone is just a power supply.

Emory
Old 12-16-2002, 12:55 AM
redxfred
My Feedback: (3)

Thank you! I thought it was all too simple.
Fred
Old 12-24-2002, 03:28 AM
kcampa

Default Re: charger for lithium polymer batteries

Originally posted by V-tail
Dear All,

I'm looking for a charger for lithium polymer cells but not a full up charger like the orbit or schultze chargers. I already have a dymond super smart (similar to FMA supernova) for doing that. I have read that there are chargers available for 50 bucks. Does anyone know where to get these?

I also have a lithium metal (tadiran) charger but I don't know if it can be used for lithium polymer batteries. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Ed
I am using a LI-ON battery charger from batteries of america to charge my li-poly 950 mah 2-cell pack. This charger has circuitry in the charger tha shuts off the charger when the battery is fully charged (8.4 volts). the charger costs $30.00 and can be either a a/c or d/c input.Bat. of Amer. is listed in most R/C magazines. If you can,t find their phone no, let me know. I know they are located in Wisconsin.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:40 AM
edyr

Default RE: charger for lithium polymer batteries

where i can buy the tadiran 3v 780mah limno2 rechargeable ? i dont found it
thanks a lot