Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Energizer 2300mAh nicads & charger problems.

Ok so I go to the PX in hopes of a getting some rechargeable batteries for my two cars. So I buy the energizer compact charger

and 16 2300mAh AA nickle-metal hydride.

Well the problem is I let them charge all the way (until the light on the charger turns off). Put em in my JR XR2 controller and it doesnt turn on. It makes the beeping noise but doesnt turn on.
    T-maxx: Picco P2, XR2i, & much more
    9.5 MBX: Proline truggy adaptors, Proline 23mm Wabash\'s, Proline 40s Dirt Hawgs, & XR3i!
    Hyper 7 PRO: Picco 27 OUTLAW, Nova Race PRO Head, graphite goodies, Futaba S9350\'s, JP-2, Crimefighters, & Spektrum DX3 2.4gh

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Energizer 2300mAh nicads & charger problems.

I have used the Energizer 2500 Nimh batteries but not the charger. I make my own packs out of the batteries. Then I use my tekin 112c to charge all my batteries. I have had no problems with the batteries.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well what I think it is, is these are 1.2v and regular AA's are 1.5 So with 8 batteries its a 2.4volt difference! Could it be the batteries just dont have enough power?
    9.5 MBX: Proline truggy adaptors, Proline 23mm Wabash\'s, Proline 40s Dirt Hawgs, & XR3i!
    Hyper 7 PRO: Picco 27 OUTLAW, Nova Race PRO Head, graphite goodies, Futaba S9350\'s, JP-2, Crimefighters, & Spektrum DX3 2.4gh

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: zr1s10

Well what I think it is, is these are 1.2v and regular AA's are 1.5 So with 8 batteries its a 2.4volt difference! Could it be the batteries just dont have enough power?
    I haven't met a tx yet that doesn't work fine on nimh.. the voltage difference is a big myth, yes the resting voltage of a alkaline is higher, but it soon drops down to 1.2 volts for normal use, whereas nimh's pretty much stay at that voltage.

my guess is you have a bum cell, take a volt meter and check them out to see if they are all close.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Could it be the charger isnt bringing them to 1.2v?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You may have to cycle (charge,discharge) the batteries several times to condition the cells. Try a different set of rechargeable batteries and alkaline batteries to eliminate the problem with another device. I think your batteries falsed charge. That can happen on the first charge.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mbbaj2001

You may have to cycle (charge,discharge) the batteries several times to condition the cells. Try a different set of rechargeable batteries and alkaline batteries to eliminate the problem with another device. I think your batteries falsed charge. That can happen on the first charge.
    Hey you were right!!! Sofar I've got 8 of the 16 to charge. When I put em in my XR3i they put out 9.2v! So the 2300mAh's hold a charger longer than a normal alkaline correct? Cuz I think 9.2v is pretty low?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It will take while for the voltage to increase to above 10 volts. You are definitely saving money. I have'nt done any testing to see how long a 2500 NIMH battery will last compared to a alkaline battery the same size. But you can do a cost saving chart yourself every time you charge the batteries vrs. buying alkaline batteries for you equipment.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So they will charge over 1.2v?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

YES after several cycles you will see a improvement.