Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Hanger 9 7amp gel cell charger

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 04:59 PM
SteveGB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanger 9 7amp gel cell charger

I'm unsure about the H9 wallwart 12V charger (HAN103) that goes with their 12V gel cell.

Does it automatically reduce to trickle current, or is it possible to over charge the battery?

I've long since lost docs, and the website doesn't give any data. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Steve
Old 07-13-2005, 07:20 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Hanger 9 7amp gel cell charger

ORIGINAL: SteveGB

I'm unsure about the H9 wallwart 12V charger (HAN103) that goes with their 12V gel cell.

Does it automatically reduce to trickle current, or is it possible to over charge the battery?

I've long since lost docs, and the website doesn't give any data. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Steve
I suspect it is a taper charger. Current falls off as the voltage rises toward full charge. Pretty standard in the inexpensive chargeing of gel cells. For good measure don't leave it on longer than 24 hours or when the voltage gets to 14.7 while still connected.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:32 PM
SteveGB

Default RE: Hanger 9 7amp gel cell charger

Thanks Red. I appreciate your comments.

Steve