Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Charging NiMH's

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 02:46 AM
DanNJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charging NiMH's

Hi Guys..I just recieve my NiMH's 1650mAh's for my Tx N Rx. I have been using my Futaba wall charger for the past year.. Can I use this wall charger to charge my new NiMH's?
I only fly on weekends mostly 40 size planes..I asked this question down at the field and got conficting reports.
Thanks Dan
Old 01-07-2002, 03:43 AM
flatfour
My Feedback: (8)

Default Charging NiMH's

I have had no problems using the 50ma wall charger with my 1650 packs. You just need patience as a full charge from dead takes 2 days. See the following for reference

http://members.aol.com/davthacker/nimhfaq.htm
Old 01-16-2002, 12:10 AM
howardm4
My Feedback: (1)

Default Charging NiMH's

you really want the charge current to be 1/10th the batt capacity (160mA)
and certainly no lower than 80mA otherwise the pack never really fully charges no matter how many weeks you leave it on.
Old 01-16-2002, 01:41 AM
AV8TOR
My Feedback: (2)

Default Charging NiMH's

Maxx Products has a 100mA wall wart charger for $12. That is what I use for my 1650 NiMH pack. At a C10 charge with a 1.4 safety factor the total charge time is 21.8 hours. At a 1.6 factor it is 26.4 hours. Basically overnight, so that should fit your flying style.
Old 01-21-2002, 11:57 PM
FlyingHi

Default charging NiMh's

I have used the Sirrus and Ace Smart Chargers for 4 years as my main chargers. Charging on the way home from a day of flying, everything is put away fully charged. I have the radio manufactures wall chargers on a timmer that comes on for one hour a day to keep them topped off. This has worked for me. Good luck.