Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Multiplex 2010 problem

Old 09-16-2005, 04:23 PM
ib2525

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiplex 2010 problem

Hi,

I got a multiplex 2010 yesterday, this morning i tried to charge one of my nicd batteries, its 7.2v's 400mA, so followed the instructions that came with it, connected it to the car battery, selected what kind of battery i was going to charge, selected .8A charge rate and pressed start. Left it for an hour, came back wasnt charged, the battery pack and the charger wasnt even warm, checked the battery, was dead flat still. Re-read instructions, pressed the start button again and it switched the type of battery i was charging to Lipo. So disconnected it and tried again, this time when i pressed the start button the button clicked but didnt change the battery type so i thought this is it... but 90 minutes later still dead cold, and no charge in the battery?
I have also tried to charge it at .2 amps but the same thing happens.

Are there any tricks with these chargers?
Also what amps should i charge the 400ma battery?

Update, i found the us mulitplex website which has a different instruction sheet, almost the same as what i got but with helpful things like to hold the start button in for > 1 second and things like that.

Thanks

Stuart