Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Mercury EX - charge problem with Lithium

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Mercury EX - charge problem with Lithium

Old 09-26-2005, 03:15 PM
StephenUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mercury EX - charge problem with Lithium

Dear all,

I have recently got a Pro Peak Mercury EX charger. Whilst it charges Nicad and Ni-MH fine, when I try and charge my small Lithium Polymer packs it will not complete the charge. Before the charge is complete the LCD display shows 'battery output connect error'. The instructions state that this message should only be shown prior to an automatic charge when the battery 'is not in a suitable state for charging' or when the battery becomes dicconnected during the charge.

I have been charging the lithium batteries in manual mode i.e. I tell the charger the battery specifications, and find it strange that if the battery is unsuitable for charging then why would the charger begin to charge it (at least partially).

Admittedly I am very new to electric flight and Lithium Polymer and so I have no idea why the batteries wn't take a full charge. I only have two Lithium batteries and have the same problem with both. It could be that both batteries are damaged but I thought this unlikely.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

The batteries I am trying to charge are as follows

Flightpower -11.1v 3s1p 1050mah Lithium Polymer

Unknown brnd - 11.1v 3 cell 340mah Lithium Polymer