Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Li po issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 12:58 PM
3D_star

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Li po issues

OKay the foamie bug has bit me and this weekend i was finaaly ready to charge my li Po. I have the accu cycle elite and i decided to charge it. I have the great planes lipo and its a 3cell 11.2v 15c 640mah Battery. So i set up the AccuCycle accordingly. And i waited and waited and waited and waited it took 8 hours to charge the battery. I check the temp every ten minutes and it didnt go above 75 degree farenhite. and normally it was 73. I was just wondering if this was normal for the first charge or i dunno. Im confuzzeled
Old 10-11-2005, 05:32 PM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Li po issues

ORIGINAL: 3D_star

OKay the foamie bug has bit me and this weekend i was finaaly ready to charge my li Po. I have the accu cycle elite and i decided to charge it. I have the great planes lipo and its a 3cell 11.2v 15c 640mah Battery. So i set up the AccuCycle accordingly. And i waited and waited and waited and waited it took 8 hours to charge the battery. I check the temp every ten minutes and it didnt go above 75 degree farenhite. and normally it was 73. I was just wondering if this was normal for the first charge or i dunno. Im confuzzeled
So what were the settings you used? If set to charge at 1C 600 mA it should have charged in about an hour. 640 / 8 would indicate you used a charge rate of 80 mA. It is not good practise to charge above 1C and many people prefer to only charge at 70% or 450 mA.
John
Old 10-12-2005, 08:06 AM
3D_star

I chaged at 600. (1C) and it took forever. Ive charged 6 volt Nihm in less time with that charger. I dunno i thought it was a little odd because i check all my setting twice made shure they were right read up on a few forums on how to properly charge the batteries and then i got stuck looking at a battery for 8 hours.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:27 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

did it really charge? what voltage was your pack at after the charge?
Old 10-13-2005, 02:28 PM
3D_star

the voltage was at 12.5 12.6 i dunno wat do you think happened ??