Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

two 109s on 1 dc power suply

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 10:47 PM
ohcnap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default two 109s on 1 dc power suply

hi,I am getting into glo to electric conversions with big lipos for big airplanes,QUESTION:got an astro flight 12v power suply,can I run 2 109s chargers at the same time with this power suply.?if not what power suply do you recomen,Thanks a lot for your help.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:28 AM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: two 109s on 1 dc power suply

People run two chargers from the same power supply all the time. The question is what is the current rating of your power supply?

Use wattage of the largest batteries you will be charging to help determine the power supply requirements. Multiply the voltage and the current ratings of the largest packs you will ever use. 7.2 * 4000 mA = 28800 or 28.8 watts. If the power supply puts out 20 amps at 13.8 volts it is 20 * 13.8 or 276 watts. Adding and subtracting wattage will give you the answer. Leave a little fudge factor as the power supply and chargers are not 100% efficient, but usually run around 80%. So for the power supply use 80% of 276 watts as the power available to charge batteries.

John