Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

How do i know when my batts are charged

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

How do i know when my batts are charged

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 03:47 PM
bdtracing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do i know when my batts are charged

When I first got into rc i purchased a Dynamite Mega Dual-e charger. This carger i do not like becasue it does not peak charge. I have fryed a set of bateries and i do not want to fry any more. I was wondering when i should shut the charger off. It does have volt meter slots but i dont know what to look for as far as knowing when the bateries are fully charged

Any Thoughts
Old 10-15-2005, 04:30 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: How do i know when my batts are charged

Souds like you would benefit by checking Red's site at www.rcbatteryclinic.com. Without knowing more about what batteries you are charging, i.e. size, type, etc., you cannot expect a good answer here.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:40 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

My first recommendation would be to get rid of it and buy a real charger. Timed chargers have no place in modeling except for toys.

But if you want to continue to use it remove the batter as soon as it begins to feel warm.

Do not use it under anyconditions with Ni-Mh.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:25 PM
Mad Wax

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

My first recommendation would be to get rid of it and buy a real charger. Timed chargers have no place in modeling except for toys.

But if you want to continue to use it remove the batter as soon as it begins to feel warm.

Do not use it under anyconditions with Ni-Mh.
mmm deep fried battered batteries. Generally though unless you can know exact state of charge, time for that pack to fully charge (and shut it off) I would not bother with timed chargers since you cannot "top up" NIMH, with NICD memory you cannot top up those either, and in both cases you might overcharge or undercharge battery packs.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:35 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Listen to these guys or its going to cost you baterys and maby airplanes. I don't want to play with batteries, so have a Astro Flight 109 for my lipos and a GP trinitron for backup and a good system that will charge anything including your led acid battery in the flight box. Buy a good system that shuts itself off at peak, and also will discharge.

Stupidity has a price that is always paid.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:29 AM
bdtracing

Ya i bought NiMh cells in a 7.2 Volt Pack they are 3000, for my emaxx. I am at college and have a very limited RC fund. What would you recomend for a charger. I can not afford to burn up some more batteries, Remember I have little to no cash. My pal bought a Hobbico quick field peak charger http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCTZ5&P=FR and he loves it. Do you think that would suit my needs. I think he got his on ebay for like 30 bucks.