Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Need help understanding batteries parameters

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Need help understanding batteries parameters

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 12:21 PM
OldGuru
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help understanding batteries parameters

Hi,
I got 2 brand new JR Rx packs of 1100mAH/ 4.8v.
The first came with an aipr-pack I purchased and the second one is a JR Extreme pack.
I use my ACE II to cycle batteries and ran the two through it with the following results:
Pack 1 - which came with the air-pack - was charged and then discharged @ 500mA. The reading showed 21min.
Pcck 2 - the JR EXTREME pack - was charged and discharged the same way. The reading showed 42min.

Here are my questions:
1. Why there is a difference in the readout?
2. If 1100mAH means that this pack can provide 1.1AMP for 1 hour and maintaine 4.8V, then none of those packs meet this requirement?

Any help is appreciated,
OG.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:11 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Need help understanding batteries parameters

First question, did you give them a couple of formation cycles first? This requires a charge at 100 mA for 14 hrs then discharge.

Second, a pack rated at 1100 mAh will give 220 mA for 5 hours (220 X 5 = 1100) when discharged to 3.6 volts (0.9 volts/cell).
Old 10-16-2005, 02:58 PM
OldGuru
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Need help understanding batteries parameters

I guess I did give them a couple of formation cycles: I started by charging them with the wall charger overnight (I guess more than 14 hours) and then discharged them. Once they were fully charged again, I cycled them again and took the readings I posted in my first post.
Is it too late to do anything about that now?

Thanks for the clarification on the pack rating.

Also, where can I find the current drawn by a receiver and servos - so I could calculate the actual flight time that these batteries can provide?

Thanks again,
OG.