Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Battery Management Logging

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 07:53 PM
RWLewis2nd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Management Logging

For battery management logging, I'm interested in seeing what forms and form formats everyone is using. I would like to design my own form, combining ideas into it from what you provide here. If you would attach samples of your logs I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

(And Red, I would have emailed you directly, but I already owe you lunch!)
Old 10-21-2005, 04:35 AM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Battery Management Logging

Mines pretty simple. Because I always discharge at C/5 until .9 volts per cell at room temperature the readings I get are compariable over time. I think that is important. You must have a set procedure to follow. I test at the beginning of the flying season and if I remember every month after. I write the date and the mAh on a label on the pack itself. I've found that spreadsheets and computer data are too easily lost with hard drive crashes or computer upgrades. If I want to do a spreadsheet analysis I can pull the packs and enter the data. By keeping the data on the cells if I loose it I've lost the pack!
John
Old 10-21-2005, 06:40 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Battery Management Logging

A user here by the name of Echobot wrote a nice program for inputing and tracking battery data...
I was nice enough to search and find the thread for you!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_25..._1/key_/tm.htm

Works nicely