Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

can i traveling overseas with lipo?

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

can i traveling overseas with lipo?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 03:03 PM
bluesteel212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can i traveling overseas with lipo?

hey guy i wanna bring my blade heli to uk this xmass how do i travel or get my lipos over to uk from nyc?
do i have to shipped them first? the way homeland is nowadays i dont want have any problems bring my heli over there
or have a lipo explode.

Tommy
Old 10-21-2005, 05:05 PM
DHG
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: can i traveling overseas with lipo?

Tommy,

If it were me and I had a few days' lead time, I'd package the lipos carefully in a small box and ship them via Priority Mail to my destination (hotel or private residence). The cost is small, and it avoids getting held up at the airport.

Duane Gall
RCPRO
Old 10-24-2005, 01:11 AM
Mike Huntz

Technically speaking, LiPo's at present cannot be carried on passenger aircraft (I assume you are travelling by air, and not taking the QE2), and can only be transported by air on cargo only aircraft, but even then only if your LiPo's comply with UNDoT3090 (United Nations Department of Transportation).

Sending LiPo's thru the post may also infringe your local postal regulations in respect to dangerous goods. Yes, I know there are many companies/people that do just that, but it doesn't mean it's legal to do so.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:23 AM
bluesteel212

ok what about my nim batterys can i bring those?

Tommy
Old 10-24-2005, 08:05 AM
GeraldRosebery
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: bluesteel212

hey guy i wanna bring my blade heli to uk this xmass how do i travel or get my lipos over to uk from nyc?
do i have to shipped them first? the way homeland is nowadays i dont want have any problems bring my heli over there
or have a lipo explode.

Tommy

I would ask before shipping anything.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:27 AM
Mike Huntz

To be frank, the authorities everywhere may be a bit paranoid at the moment about anything with wires & batteries given all the bad events happening around the world at the moment.

But I wouldn't worry too much about taking them on the plane. Of course, enquire first with the airline. People take Lipo's on board passenger aircraft every day... your mobile phone, laptop and iPod all use LiPo batteries. I don't see how they can distinguish which LiPos are ok to bring on board and which are not!