Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Single cell and Triton issue..... help

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Single cell and Triton issue..... help

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 02:47 PM
Ernie Misner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single cell and Triton issue..... help

Greetings,

I am having difficulty charging my single cell Nimh glow driver with the Triton. I have all the parameters set well within range, but it continually gives me several false peaks before I get a good and full charge. The false peaks usually happen after only a few mah have been put into the battery, way short of what is needed. Then for some reason after a couple of tries, it will go ahead and give me the full charge as needed. Ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Ernie
Old 10-26-2005, 02:59 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Single cell and Triton issue..... help

Check your leads for good connections. A bad connection (dirty contacts maybe) or to small diameter leads can cause this.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:56 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

I would agree, on single cells especially at higher charge rate. nice short fat leads will be a must. You can also possibly bump up the "peak delay at start" function to a huigher time than when it starts behaving. Like 10 minutes or more.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:58 AM
Ernie Misner

The leads are all new and clean. I am however using an adaptor that plugs into the glow igniter hot end. I will take a look at that; perhaps there is some oil on that end. I do think it has something to do with charging a single cell though?

Thanks,

Ernie
Old 10-27-2005, 01:08 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

You may try to read voltage as you wiggle connections and that will tell ya. As long as you know your battery cell is drained quite a bit then setting the "peak delay at start" to 15 - 20 minutes is ok if you are chargeing under 2C rate.