Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Qualcomm Lithiums With With A Regulator?

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Qualcomm Lithiums With With A Regulator?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 02:53 AM
allmostthere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Qualcomm Lithiums With With A Regulator?

I was thinking I could use one of my Qualcomm Lithium-ion packs as a receiver pack, but don't know how to go about doing this. The packs are 7.2v 1600ma and I think rated for 2amp draw. Will this be ok for sport type applications? (Magic, Laser 3D, Spads, ect...) and...

1. Do i need a regulator?
2. If so where can I get a cheap one?
3. Is it safe to do this?

Please!! I need as much input as possible! I have 50 of these packs and am wanting to use one or two for this. Please reply ASAP!

Thanks,
allmostthere
Old 12-21-2002, 07:23 AM
elderair
My Feedback: (29)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Voltage Regulators

I bought two voltage regulators from Skyborn Electronics for use with my 7.2 volt, four cell LiIon packs. The regulators are just under $30.00 each and seem very rugged and compact compared to the mpi regulators I have used in the past. They offer them in 4.8v and 6.0v and also offer a more expensive adjustable VR. I also purchased a good constant voltage charger from them with multiple outputs and AC/DC flexibility. Great people to work with.
Old 12-21-2002, 01:44 PM
sanjoh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Qualcomm Lithiums With With A Regulator?

Yes, you need a regulator for the RX. I have been using the panasonic 1630ma li-ion cells and MPI vr in all my rc stuff for over a year. No problems so far. TX and RX for giant scale to helis.

The only issue I've seen is on a friends plane where the vr appeared to force the pcm rx into failsafe. The problem was resolved by relocating the vr with an extension, away from the rx. The wire on the mpi vr is 2-3" long.

The mpi vr is 19.95.