Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

ACE CHARGEMASTER questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2002, 04:09 PM
flyhi
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACE CHARGEMASTER questions

got this used and it's the first multi charger I've had. now, only one of four charge leads to RX seem to work, others actually seem to discharge battery. does this charge in series, that is if you use all four, #1 charges, with 2, 3, and 4 no charge, then when 1 is charged, #2 charges, and 3 and 4 are no charge, etc?
why would it seem to discharge on charge or tricke cycle? should I pitch it. do you even need a multi charger when I have fast field charger? got 2 radios and 5 airplanes and can kinda easy just use fast field charger. thanks.
Old 02-03-2002, 09:32 AM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dis Charge Master

I have some of the old ACE equipment. It's a shame for them, as I liked the company back in the day before all of the buyouts etc.
Anyway, that charger has no diodes in it for reverse polariy protection. This doesn't really matter much unless you leave your planes of trickle and someone pulls the plug, or the power goes out. They will just sit there and discharge at that point. It does not charge in series as you describe. Take the cover off and look around inside for some obvious problem such as broken or disconnected wires. If not it needs service. There are several centers around. If you can't find one let me know as there is one a couple of hours from me here in southern N.J. Where are you located? If it were me, I would not just fast charge everything all of the time. Take care_Bob