Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

good power house

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 12:13 AM
zephar123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good power house

I've been away from RC for 7 years now and boy have they changed =), I love the batteries I see, but cant find a charger that has the amp power to charge a 3300 MAH fast. How fast can NIMH batteries be charged safely? I know of course to trickel charge them slow before hand. At my RC store I bought a prophet pluc lcd. although the charger seems to have nice features I waqs real bummed to see it nly puts out 4 amps. I mean if I was charger a 1500 mah that would be ok, but for a 3300? Anyhow thoughts and suggestions to get me some charging power woudl be much appreciated and if these batteries now cant be pused to c3 then ideas on a good etup for multichargers.

thanx

[8D]
Old 08-13-2006, 12:37 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: good power house

4 amps is plenty for a 3300, if it's a gp cell then it can go up to 6-8 amps with possible cell degredation. The Duratrax Ice seems to be a very popular charger with a 8 amp max rate.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:48 AM
richrd

Second that

It's all you'll ever need unless you go over 10 cells or 3 cell LiPO

Rich
Old 08-19-2006, 10:15 PM
zephar123

thanks for the eduation guys I was not sure on that. After reading alot on the different batteries im goign with NImh for now as lipos are expensive and have some downsides with reliablity. I like fact nimh although heavier are releable I want ahead and bought the duratrax dual charger they have so that I coudl charge two packs at 3.5 amps simultaneous. =)