Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Litco Systems Alpha 4

Old 01-31-2003, 06:21 PM
AnthonyI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Litco Systems Alpha 4

How do you get in touch with someone at litco ? I have e-mailed them a couple of times with no reply. I used the address off their web site. Has it changed? I just want to make sure I'm getting through when i try to get on the new list. Anyone have a phone number ? Help!!!! I'm dying for one of these chargers.
Old 01-31-2003, 06:43 PM
rsallen13
My Feedback: (1)

They do not reply to e-mails except at the beginning of their "lottery" to tell you when you need to send your money. You have to wait until the date indicated on the web site, at the time indicated (no earlier) to send your e-mail. If your lucky you will receive a response. If not you will hear nothing. Miss your due date and your out of luck.
Old 01-31-2003, 11:33 PM
lennyk
My Feedback: (12)

Yeah, they will normally email you a reply if you get thru quite quickly.

A few have sold on ebay recently, one for $400 and the others for
just over $300, there is one presently available also
Old 02-01-2003, 03:25 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ebay has become a "black market" for alpha 4 ?
Old 02-01-2003, 06:51 AM
crossed thumbs-delete

The opening for the alpha-4 lottery is february 6 2003 at 9:00 a.m. eastern time. Do not seng e-mail before 9:00 a.m. or you will not make it. Place the order at 9:01.

And Good Luck.
Old 02-01-2003, 12:52 PM
lennyk

last time a guy said he sent his the night before and he got in.
Old 02-01-2003, 04:48 PM
crossed thumbs-delete

lennyk.

Ido not see how unless his isp is extreamly slow delivering his e-mail. Or his e-mail system is set to send messages at a certin time. I already have on and am planning to try for another when the alpha-4 order system is opened.

Crossed Thumbs
Old 02-01-2003, 10:13 PM
AnthonyI

Thanks guys for the advice. good luck to you all also on Feb. 6.
Old 02-01-2003, 11:35 PM
lennyk

Originally posted by crossed thumbs
lennyk.

Ido not see how unless his isp is extreamly slow delivering his e-mail. Or his e-mail system is set to send messages at a certin time. I already have on and am planning to try for another when the alpha-4 order system is opened.

Crossed Thumbs
Dunno, but if you check back the posts from last time you should see the guy's post there.

I was lucky last time and got one of the early batches within 2 months.

I'm gonna try again also.
Old 02-02-2003, 06:37 AM
crossed thumbs-delete

Lennyk.

I was late and mine did not ship untill January 21st. Am going to try again for a second unit.

Crossed Tumbs
Old 02-02-2003, 03:06 PM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

Originally posted by crossed thumbs
Lennyk.

I was late and mine did not ship untill January 21st. Am going to try again for a second unit.

Crossed Tumbs
Don't cross your thumbs! That is bad luck.

The night before, take a battery and throw it over your left shoulder. Put a wall wart under your pillow. Wear a green sock and a blue sock to bed. Set your alarm for 6:45am. Get up a 6:45am, do a defrag on your hard drive, and fun a full diagnostic regiment on your system. You should be done with that by 8:46am. Then, set your PC to the atomic clock, and prepare the e-mail message so that you can ready and waiting by 8:58. Wait exactly 2 minutes and 15 seconds, then press the send button.

If you follow this to the letter, you will get a response from Litco on your delivery date. If you miss anything, or perhaps wore a navy blue sock instead of just blue, you reduce your change of getting a response by 75% or more. Multiple infractions and there is no need to press the send button at all.
Old 02-02-2003, 11:35 PM
Baja170
My Feedback: (8)

Is the Alpha 4 that good? The only Litco charger I have had was the super cycler and one of the displays did not work when it was new. I never could get them to make good on it.

Is the Alpha 4 worth all the BS you have to go through to get one?

William
Old 02-02-2003, 11:49 PM
KevinSheen

You can always don the green and blue socks, wake up at 6:45, get on the list, accept delivery and try it a few times. If you don't like it, sell it on e-bay for $400.

Not really a black market, consider it A4 futures.

I really like my A4, BTW. I got to play with a Triton at the field on Saturday, pretty nice. It is a dang shame that it only has a single port like my Super Nova...

Kevin
Old 02-02-2003, 11:52 PM
rscamp

Originally posted by KevinSheen
I really like my A4, BTW. I got to play with a Triton at the field on Saturday, pretty nice. It is a dang shame that it only has a single port like my Super Nova...

Kevin
In all seriousness, to get a second port one could buy two Tritons for $260. For a third port, buy three at $390.

Rob
Old 02-03-2003, 12:00 AM
sfaust

Originally posted by Baja170
Is the Alpha 4 that good? The only Litco charger I have had was the super cycler and one of the displays did not work when it was new. I never could get them to make good on it.

Is the Alpha 4 worth all the BS you have to go through to get one?

William
There is only a couple things that make the charger such a high demand item. One, its got 4 ports. Very important for those giant scale pilots that have 3 or 4 batteries in each plane. Its miserable trying to charge 4 batteries sequentially, or buying 4 chargers to charge them in parallel. And each port is independent, so that you can process different charging/discharging functions on each port. its really like 4 independent chargers in one box. The other thing, is that it will charge just about everything that you have for RC, with the exception of Lithium. It also have a very well laid out user interface, and is very easy to use, with lots of useful functions. The only downside people tend to mention, is the availability and the 1amp total limit.

It's good enough that the people that really need them are willing to wait to get them, or pay an extra $100 to $150 for a used one to get it now. Even at $400, you can't find a suitable alternative one box solution with all the same features.
Old 02-03-2003, 01:33 AM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

i picked up one off ebay and its a very easy to use charger and does all i need and then some. i have 9 planes and this really helps me to keep everything ready to go. I am only using 2 of the 8 or so features the charger offers. I picked mine up as a NIB charger and i have notirce is getting easier to get one of these charger as they make their way onto ebay quite a bit. its a very compact charger with a lot of bang for the buck. The things that sold me were the 4 ports charger along with set it up and you are ready to go the next day. before i had to swap out leads to make sure i have 2-3 planes always fresh!
Old 02-03-2003, 01:49 AM
sfaust

Originally posted by rscamp
In all seriousness, to get a second port one could buy two Tritons for $260. For a third port, buy three at $390.

Rob
Three ports for $390. Heck, you can get a used Alpha on e-Bay for the same money, and have 4 ports, a great user interface, and have it all in one box

Seriously, I've tried the multiple charger route. It sucks! It was more expensive, and very inconvenient. I tried so hard not to get an Alpha because I didn't want to play the games, but eventually just gave in. I found out spending the 20 minutes of inconvenience needed to get one was worth it. It saved me the grief of carrying 3 chargers that I paid more money for, and the mess of cig Y adapters to power them, and the fun of moving the mess from plane to plane. That eat up the 20 minutes, plus another 50 times that over the years.
Old 02-03-2003, 02:52 AM
rscamp

I see your point. Although, with three Tritons I suppose you could charge faster and have chargers in three different locations...

Rob
Old 02-03-2003, 02:58 AM
sfaust

Originally posted by rscamp
I see your point. Although, with three Tritons I suppose you could charge faster and have chargers in three different locations...

Rob
That is an advantage. Also, if one charger breaks, you still have two that can work for you, where with the Alpha, if it breaks you've got nothing.
Old 02-03-2003, 04:53 AM
crossed thumbs-delete

Lennyk

Looks like I started something of a debate. The reason I personally like the alpha-4 is the convenience of having my batteries full maintained. If they need to be recycled I use a different piece of electronic battery recycling device. Also I have a fully self contained trailer that starts with a solar panel on the roof to maintain a 12 volt wet cell that provides power to all the electronic devices in my trailer. That way I do not have to worry about checking everything before I start for the field. I know all my batteries will be ready to fly. And that is the one and only reason that I have a alpha-4.
Old 02-03-2003, 06:15 AM
sfaust

Lennyk,

If that is all you use the Alpha for, you might want to look at these alternatives. Not that the Alpha is suited for the purpose you are using it for, but rather that you could easily sell the Alpha on e-Bay and get enough to pay for the Ultimate Charger II, which would give you 4 additional ports. Since you don't need the functionality of the Alpha, this might be an alternative for you.

http://www.ultimatecharger.com/html/..._Ultimate.html

Its 8 ports, will cycle and charge NiCd and NiMh and Lithium up to 3000mah. Its less than the cost of 2 Alphas, but gives you the ability to keep two or three giant scale airplanes, or up to 8 airplane with single batteries fully charged and ready to go at any time. And when you reconnect the leads back to the same airplane and pack, it already knows how to handle that pack. It will advise you of any changes or issues with the battery, with some limitations. No peak detect, but it doesn't sound like your application needs it.

This might be a reasonable alternative to the Alpha 4 in your application if you fit into the limitations they impose. If you are only using the Alpha as a trailer charger, and not a battery maintenance system, it may fit very will and give you additional ports.

Just a thought
Old 02-03-2003, 01:03 PM
krayzc-RCU

i hear the gentelman is going to stop making those charger and retire and live the good life. the last thing one needs if this is true is another 8 track player 2 collect dust if it breaks....
Old 02-03-2003, 01:37 PM
Baja170

Which gentleman is going to stop making which chargers?

Thanks,

William
Old 02-03-2003, 02:59 PM
krayzc-RCU

the ultimate charger....
Old 02-03-2003, 03:05 PM
Baja170

Thanks for the info!!! It sure looks like a great charger, but I definitely don't need another 8 Track.

William

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.