Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Triton and Powerflite

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 02:46 PM
Tom02
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Triton and Powerflite

Looking to buy the triton b/c I want an all-in-one charger, but I am also interested in getting into lithium batteries. Will the triton charge powerflite batteries, or do I have to give in a spend 100-200 extra bucks for a "special" charger?
Old 02-03-2003, 06:19 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Default Re: Triton and Powerflite

Originally posted by Tom02
Looking to buy the triton b/c I want an all-in-one charger, but I am also interested in getting into lithium batteries. Will the triton charge powerflite batteries, or do I have to give in a spend 100-200 extra bucks for a "special" charger?
Powerflite has a manufacturer's forum here. I would suggest you check with them.
Old 06-10-2003, 06:51 AM
Heads_Up

Default Re: Triton and Powerflite

Originally posted by Tom02
Tom

The Triton Charger works with PowerfLite Packs. One downside is it has only a single output for LiIon charging. Another suggestion I would make is the MAHA 777 PLUS.

Hope I helped!

Rick Head
PowerfLite
Old 09-07-2004, 01:06 AM
NicholasT

Default RE: Triton and Powerflite

what about MINIRON from Sommer electronics
Is it ok ?

Thx a lot,
NICK
Old 09-07-2004, 08:11 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Default MAHA 777 Plus recalled by distributor

ORIGINAL: Heads_Up

Tom

The Triton Charger works with PowerfLite Packs. One downside is it has only a single output for LiIon charging. Another suggestion I would make is the MAHA 777 PLUS.

Hope I helped!

Rick Head
PowerfLite
MAHA777 CHARGER STATEMENT BY FMA DIRECT
FMA PN: MH-C777
The management of FMA, Inc. has recently determined the product formally distributed
by FMA Direct as the MAHA777 to be unsafe for charging certain battery types. If you
currently own a MAHA charger, do not under any circumstances, leave this charger
unattended while charging Lithium Ion or Lithium Polymer batteries
. We have recently
found that the MAHA777 Plus charger is not reliable in automatically detecting the
correct number of cells in a lithium battery pack. The proper selection of cell count in a
lithium battery pack is crucial to the safe charging and termination of charging. The
result of improper selection of cell count has led to over-heating of the lithium cells on at
least two occasions. FMA, Inc. will be issuing a formal recall on this unit to all
customers who are known to have purchased the MAHA777 charger directly from FMA
Direct. Please watch for this recall notice in the mail. If you have purchased a MAHA
charger distributed either directly from FMA Direct or from a local FMA Direct dealer
and you are affected by this recall, provisions for returning this unit will be included as a
part of the recall letter. We apologize for the inconvenience. We at FMA, Inc. are
greatly concerned about this unfortunate problem and we are taking every action in our
power to remedy the situation.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:15 PM
Heads_Up

Default RE: Triton and Powerflite

For those who have not heard, I am no longer associated with PowerfLite or its parent company Skyborn Electronics. I have not been with them for well over a year.

Thank You

Rick