Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Retrofit balancing leads to old Lipo pack?

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Retrofit balancing leads to old Lipo pack?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 01:03 PM
Frag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retrofit balancing leads to old Lipo pack?

I have 1500 mah 3s Lipo pack that won't take on its full capacity. It will only take on about 800-900 mah when I charge with a Triton. The pack does get to around 12.3 volts. I took off the shrink wrap and was very careful not to cross connect any terminals while I checked the voltage of each cell in the pack with a voltmeter. Each cell after charging tested almost the same, about 4 volts give or take 0.1 volts. Since the pack is probably on its last leg I was going to just try to wire it up for balancing with my Equinox balancer just as an exercise.
The question is there are 6 terminals amongst the 3 cells but only 4 wires that go to the plug into the balancer. I guess they all share the same ground?
Old 02-15-2007, 06:21 PM
DannyPulido

Default RE: Retrofit balancing leads to old Lipo pack?

We have a Charging/Wiring Balancing Diagram available under our Battery Education Section under Resources.

Danny Pulido
www.CommonSenseRC.com
Old 02-19-2007, 08:40 AM
Frag

Default RE: Retrofit balancing leads to old Lipo pack?

Thanks, that explains it in an easy to read format [8D]