Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

lipo's on ebay any good?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 12:48 AM
boosted180
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lipo's on ebay any good?

i was just browsing ebay and saw some lipo's at some amazing prices but wondering if anyone's had any experiences with these non- "brand name" batteries. the specs look good, but has anyone acutally used one of these with good results?

here are a few samples:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-11-1v-2000mA...olymer-LiPoly-

LiPo_W0QQitemZ140102610966QQcategoryZ34056QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/11-1v-3s-2100MAH...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 04-03-2007, 02:48 PM
blueline
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: lipo's on ebay any good?

I've not used them, my two cents however would be to stick with a known vendor? I prefer this company, professional, courtious and quick response time: [link]http://home.comcast.net/~truerc/ready_pack/ready_packs.htm[/link] I hope this is of some help to you, good luck.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:05 PM
hunter306

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I own three packs from Real157's store... they work fine in my LST2 Brushless Conversion truck...

The new packs are 20c w/ 30c burst... I'm running at the top of there capacity and haven't had any trouble yet.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:04 PM
smitty70
My Feedback: (5)

The hecells are getting good review on rcgroups.com.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:36 PM
mhavanti

I've purchased several 3s 1500 mAh 25c batteries from china. All have been perfect with the exception of having to remove the original 20 guage wiring and adding 12 guage wires and Dean's plugs. After the alterations, I've kicked their butts and they've never given me any problems like the "name" brands have. My name brands always loose one cell, always, and once that happens, no amount of "shocking" the one cell ever works.

So, I purchase them by the pair, 2 for 12.50 delivered from china and I'm enjoying them immensely.

Hope that helps,

Max
Old 11-28-2010, 01:21 PM
guys2nv

I bought a akku listing from ebay lipo batt for $20 (2s 5000mah) from china-works great still after almost a yr. Making lipo's last really depends on how you care for them. I doesnt matter what brand you own (maxamps,hyperion,blue lipo, turnigy etc etc) it matters how you take care of them. You will hear stories from guys both on here and lhs that have had cheaper priced lipo's last 300+ cycles w/o any problems then others who shelled out the money for maxamps and the such that lasted only acouple cycles before they went bad. There's just to many factors that could play a role in how long they last (ie build quality from factory,charging method's, how much you punch it in the r/c, weather-just to many).
Old 12-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Chris_The_Battery_Man

Keep in mind, you generally get what you pay for with ebay stuff. Especially if it is coming from China directly. We have had alot of customers complain about shotty quality with really cheap stuff like that. You generally take a risk. Below is a link to some packs we stock. Iactuallyneed to drop the prices on them. I will do that this afternoon. With packs like that, you can rest assured that you will be taken care of, and talk to someone that speaksEnglishif you have problems.

http://cheapbatterypacks.com/?menu=61G9348F83
Old 12-01-2010, 02:13 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have bought custom packs from you guys before, Great packs...