Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Help me find a Charger

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 03:29 PM
yeagert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me find a Charger

Okay...
I'm looking for a new charger.
Is there anything out there that fits the following specs?

A/C without having to buy separate power supply.
Lipo, Nimh, and NiCads
Balancing plug sockets for 2 and 3 cell lipos
screen that can show how many MAH charger has charged on the connected pack.

Anything out there that can do this?
Old 04-29-2007, 03:43 PM
akm

Default RE: Help me find a Charger

[link=http://www.rcaccessory.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=241]Here[/link] You go .
Old 04-29-2007, 04:23 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: akm

[link=http://www.rcaccessory.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=241]Here[/link] You go .
Yep, good charger - see review coming up in July issue of Model Aviation. You can review the manual at: http://www.bantamtek.com/Manual/BC6%20English.pdf
Old 04-29-2007, 05:56 PM
yeagert

Thanks a lot. Will check it out.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:10 AM
jbflier

I have been using the Bantam 6 for a couple of months now without any complaints and plenty of customer service on any questions I initially had..........
Old 04-30-2007, 07:45 AM
TampaRCGuy
My Feedback: (282)

yeagert ,

if you have any questions on the BC-6, let me know.

Evan Chapkis
RC Accessory, Inc.
Auth US Bantam Importer
Old 04-30-2007, 08:02 AM
jbloom

I have a question!.. Do you need to buy any additional leads to plug a standard Futaba battery pack in? Or for that matter, any brand battery? If so, and I suspect you do, where do we get them?

John
Old 04-30-2007, 08:27 AM
TampaRCGuy

The charger has standard 4mm banana plugs so you will need a set of charge cables that have banana plugs on one end and whatever you need on the other. I cary a complete line of charge cables as well on the web site, www.rcaccessory.com

Evan Chapkis
RC Accessory, Inc
Auth US Bantam Importer
Old 05-01-2007, 12:44 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

which charger can charge 2 batt packs 4200mah at the same time?
Old 05-01-2007, 09:25 AM
TampaRCGuy

The Bantam line except the 902 is a single port charger. The 2nd port on the 902 is limited to 8 cells and 2 amp charge rate.

The BC-8 is 150 watts charger that can handle up to 8 lipo cells and up to 27 ni-xx cells. You can either parallel or serial charge the 2 packs together. Depending on the voltage will determin the max charge rate that be used.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:39 PM
jbloom

Well, I think I'm just moments away from ording one. But I do have a question regarding the balance wiring harness. I have no idea which one or even IF I need one. As I stated before, I only intend to charge, cycle and such my flight packs. Perhaps the BC6 is overkill, but I love the AC power options... and I have some 1500 and 2200 Mah batteries that my wall chargers won't touch, and I'd like to run them across a cycler to check their health from time to time. I've been charging them with my Hobbico field charger...
Old 05-01-2007, 01:19 PM
TampaRCGuy

If you are not doing lithium, you would not need one. One balance board is included with the BC-6 at no charge. The BC-6 can cycle your packs as well. Please contact me if you have any questions. Thanks!

Evan Chapkis
RC Accessory, Inc.
Auth US Bantam Importer
Old 05-07-2007, 08:35 AM
jbloom

I got my charger! I really like it. I do have some questions though.

1. Will it tell me the health of a battery?, or at least provide information to let me figure it out?

2. When I setup the user preferences for my nicd's, I set a safe timeout of 100 minutes. This is based on a 1500mah battery. This setting doesn't change as best I can tell when I use the "Save" feature. Am I missing something? I have some 1500mah and some 600mah batteries.

3. Is it safe to discharge a 4.8v battery below say 4.4v? Is it even neccessary to ensure no memory effect? I know I shouldn't fly below 4.8v so 4.4v should be just fine. But, I'm one to like overkill. :-)

Thanks!
John
Old 05-07-2007, 08:48 AM
TampaRCGuy

ORIGINAL: jbloom

1. Will it tell me the health of a battery?, or at least provide information to let me figure it out?

What do you want to see? It will show you how much MAH you put back into the pack. For tracking the performance of the battery, the optional graphing software/cable will allow you to track the charge curves so you can track how the pack is performing.

2. When I setup the user preferences for my nicd's, I set a safe timeout of 100 minutes. This is based on a 1500mah battery. This setting doesn't change as best I can tell when I use the "Save" feature. Am I missing something? I have some 1500mah and some 600mah batteries.

No, that feature is a global feature, meaning it is for the whole charger, not that specific setup.

3. Is it safe to discharge a 4.8v battery below say 4.4v? Is it even neccessary to ensure no memory effect? I know I shouldn't fly below 4.8v so 4.4v should be just fine. But, I'm one to like overkill. :-)

Set the discharge to .9V per cell, 3.6V for a 4 cell pack.

Thanks!
John
Old 05-07-2007, 11:47 AM
jbloom

ORIGINAL: RC Accessory

ORIGINAL: jbloom

What do you want to see? It will show you how much MAH you put back into the pack. For tracking the performance of the battery, the optional graphing software/cable will allow you to track the charge curves so you can track how the pack is performing.

Ok... since it'll show me the MAH put back in, and I've heard that if that falls below 80% of full capacity, the batter should be replaced. So with a 1500 MAH batter, if it falls below 1200 MAH, I should replace the battery, and on a 600 MAH battery, nothing below 480 MAH. I think that's what I was looking for. Thanks!

No, that feature is a global feature, meaning it is for the whole charger, not that specific setup.

So I should pick something that'll work ok for any battery, or change it each time I change the battery type.

Set the discharge to .9V per cell, 3.6V for a 4 cell pack.

Excellent!