Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Questions about Balance Pro HD charger

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Questions about Balance Pro HD charger

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 06:04 PM
Gigaah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about Balance Pro HD charger

I've been in the market for another charger. wich ultimatly led me to the Balance pro HD 6s charger.
This thing sounds pretty sweet. It claims it will charge HD packs AND newer 12c+ anybrand cells at 3C! ok..wow!

Still, they claim its safe. However does anyone have any information or testing done that proves this doesn't dramaticly shorten the cycle life of your packs?

I mean I still plan on getting the charger, I'm just a tad cautious when it comes to beaking one of the 10 lipo comandments "Thou shalt not charge at over 1C"

I'd have a bit of work to do, If you are going be pushing that much current through your balance plug/wires its time to upgrade the wires/connectors.
I've looked into it changing my packs over to the Balance pro connector, I found out you can buy/make them. You just have to find the right one. Its a standard 7w2 connector.
The only trouble is that the power terminals on 7w2 are interchangable so you'd have to find ones that mate right..or i suppose just change your charger to the ones you get. They are a TAD
expensive, probably $5 each all said and done. I'm not a big fan of their giganormus discharge protection module however they are daisychainable to get proper protection for 12s applications.
If you think "why not just buy balance pro HD packs". screw that! they are expensive imo.

Well I'm done babbleing on about this. My questions was really is there any information to support 3c charging is safe/doesn't shorten pack life?

Any info would be helpfull..thanks!