Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Lithium Charger

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Harleyflyer
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lithium Charger

I recently bought my first 35% gas plane. I plan to run redundant lithium battery packs plus an additional pack for the ignition. I would like to find a lithium charger that I can charge at least 3 packs at the same time. I have noticed that Fromeco has come out with the Ion Cube that can charge up to 5 lithium packs. It looks like a great charger but it is my understanding that it does not have a balancer and brings me to my question. Should I be concerned if this charger does not have a balancer if I am going to use it to charge Lithium Ion packs only? I have had at least one person say that I don't need to be as concerned with balancing Lithium Ion as opposed to Lithium Polymer which are more tempermental. Any thoughts from someone in the know would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith
Old 05-25-2007, 01:09 AM
jasonwang3a

Default RE: Lithium Charger

for the lithium polymer battery packs, due to the cell voltage, impedance, and capcity will be more and more variant with the service time, so balance charging is not necessary for every charge, but if the battery pack can be maintained the balance status, it will be safely charged and have a longer service life.

for the more detailed information of the balance charger, please visit www.chargery.com. or email me at [email protected]
Old 05-25-2007, 01:31 AM
mrasmm

yeah I would agree... you don't need to balance every time, but every 3 or 4 times is a good idea. When the packs start to age it might be a good idea to take a reading after they have been used and see how far out they are. If you are charging 4 packs at a time, just charge one of them through the balancer and rotate them through so that each pack gets a balance ever 4 times =)
Old 05-26-2007, 02:53 PM
Gigaah

You could buy Three HX8080's from unitedhobbies.com for about $100 shipped.

If your packs are only 2s then you'd only need two of them to charge 4 packs at once instead of 3. These charges will charge two 2s packs at once.