Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

dual batt. switch hookup?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 06:15 AM
gladiator68
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dual batt. switch hookup?

I recently bought a plane that has dual battery switches installed. They are both for receiver battery since it had a stock G62. I'd like to utilize these for redundancy but am not sure how to hook up both to my receiver (plan on using one Rx).

This is on a 27% Extra and I plan on using a 1800 main pack and a 700 mh back up pack. Any knowhow on how to accomplish this is most appreciated. Thanks.

Rick Glatthaar
Old 02-27-2002, 08:14 AM
JRC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just plug them in

Just plug them both into separate spots on the Rx - one in the Battery connection and the other in an unused channel. If you don't have a spare slot then you will need a Y-cable for one of them - not the best solution as extra connections equals more places for the system to fail !!!!

Both batteries must however be the same number of cells (voltage).

They do NOT have to be the same capacity (mAh).

Keep both switches and switch them on one at a time to check system - and charge and check them separately......

Switch them both on for redundant battery for flying...