Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Lithium battery charging container

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Lithium battery charging container

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 06:30 PM
aa2dd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lithium battery charging container

Hi guys ..... I am wondering what you are using for a container to contain the battery while charging? Just in case something BAD happens!

Bruce
Old 10-12-2007, 07:51 PM
joediamond

Default RE: Lithium battery charging container

I use the Battery Bunker.

http://mysite.verizon.net/kevinkel/index.html

There is also a pouch called the Lipo sack.

Conn
Old 10-12-2007, 08:06 PM
aa2dd

that looks like a good way to go! thanks for the info.

Bruce
Old 10-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Bad_Daddy

I bought a 6" ceramic flower pot at the hardware store. Glazed blue Ceramic, not plastic or terra cotta. The one I bought had a little "saucer" that it's supposed to sit on, but that fits inside the pot just like a lid. I epoxied a small ceramic plate over the drain hole in the bottom of the pot.
I sliced the lid to make a notch for the wires, using my Dremel and a diamond cutoff wheel, then I attached a handle to the "lid" . Total price about $8, including the handle (I already owned the Dremel).
Old 10-14-2007, 09:28 PM
mrasmm

I did pretty much the same thing as big daddy except I didn't fill in the hole, I thought it would be good incase it needed to vent it could do so without blowning the lid off (or atleast I hope, that's the idea anyways). It also allows for venting so make it so it's less likely the battery will get hot while charging (usually not that big of a deal though).
Old 10-15-2007, 08:05 PM
aa2dd

this is probably a stupid question/statement. However, here goes ..... I have been to Home Depot, Lowes, and Wal Mart looking at flower pots, etc. How does one determine if they are clay, ceramic, or what they are made from? All i can ever find on the bottom is "made in China". Drove all over Lakeland and Winter Haven looking for a ceramics store, but no luck. All I ended up doing was sucking up the the wife by buying her dinner! One hour and 5000 calories later, stopped at Wal Mart, I almost bought a fire proof safe there, but as I stood there thinking about it ........ decided that i had to be stark raving nuts?!?! To even think about buying a $125.00, fire resistant safe, to charge LiPo's in, has to mean that i am losing it! this hobby (obsession) is driving me over the edge!!!!HEEEEeeeelllllllpppp meeee .... I am going over the edge!!!!!!!! what i need is a "Bruce Bunker" to hide in!

Bruce
Old 10-15-2007, 08:11 PM
mrasmm

teracota is the red brown desert color pots, ceramic are the pots that are made out of white materials and usually painted and have a finish coat on them, either one would probably work =)
Old 10-15-2007, 09:02 PM
RCAddiction
My Feedback: (87)

Old crock pot with a lid. Approx 2" of pool sand in the bottom. I place the battery in the sand while charging.