Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Servo Twitching Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 03:05 PM
jesse.olmstead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Twitching Problem

Hi guys. I have a question about "servo twitching" My servos are moving sporaticly on their own only when my engine is running. Is this caused by vibration?? It would seem like it cause they only twitch when the motor ( gas 45 cc ) is running. When its not they move just fine with proper movement etc. This might be a simple question and I apologize. I did place some foam under all the serovs where they mount to the a/c to reduce vibe. but its still happening! Any suggestions? THanks alot,

Jesse
Old 10-22-2007, 05:09 PM
mrasmm

Default RE: Servo Twitching Problem

if you get some metal to metal contact on the motor (which you obviously do), especially parts that are not lubed, they can make some interference, that may have something to do with it. Try moving the antenna and the lead wires to the servo's away from the motor and power lines from the battery and such. You can also try lubing up some spots on the motor that could be likely. Usually for it to cause interference you have to be running a ppm Tx, and if you switch to PCM or DSM then you should be fine, although I'm sure those are not entirely failsafe either.

I suppose it could also be some type of vibration, but that seems a little less likely because you've got foam under the servo's and it's still doing it. You'd probably have to have a pretty good vibration to cause something like this, and the servo's would have to be cotnrolling a big enough surface that it could give feedback to the servo based on the vibration.

Maybe that will help a bit, or atleast get you started, good luck =)
Old 10-22-2007, 09:43 PM
mrasmm

Default RE: Servo Twitching Problem

oh, also check out this servo troubleshooting guide

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5987230/tm.htm