Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Welcome Duralite!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 06:42 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Welcome Duralite!

I'd like to welcome the guys from Duralite to their own support forum on RCU. Feel free to use this forum to ask them questions, get advice, talk about their products and get help when you need it.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:09 PM
wagspe208
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome Duralite!

Totally cool. I am glad duralite has a forum. Way to go RCU asnd Duralite.
Wags
Old 12-04-2007, 01:03 PM
richiepingi3

Hi, is anyone using a Duralite Lithium Ion Battery pack in their Futaba 9C Super Transmitter? Also can you charge the battery while it is still in the transmitter, With the Fromeco Ion Cube? I would appreciate any info Thanks
Old 12-04-2007, 08:56 PM
DuraliteTech

Hi Richiepingi3,

The Duralite 9C TX pack can be charged in the transmitter as it has a Stay Balance Charge Safe circuit which will balance the pack 24/7 and while it is charging. This will also ensure that it doesn't get over charged. If you choose to use a non Duralite charger make sure to set the number of cells to 3 or 11.1 volts. You will require a charge lead with a Futaba barrel type plug with the center pin as positive and the sleeve as negative. Using a TX barrel plug with the wrong polarity can cause damage to the balance circuit which will prevent future charging until it is repaired.

Because of the circuitry, the charge rate should not exceed 1 amp. The Fromeco Cube Basic charge rate is preset to 1.5 amps so it is not recommended for charging the Duralite TX pack. However the Fromeco Cube Deluxe has adjustable charge rates and can be used to charge the Duralite TX 9C pack safely in the radio with the correct polarity Futaba barrel plug.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:11 PM
woodchuck2
My Feedback: (14)

I have a Futaba 9Z radio and want to go to a durilite battery. What do i have to do to change to it, and what kind of charger to use?
Old 11-13-2008, 11:59 AM
DuraliteTech

Hi Woodchuck2,

You will need a lithium charger like a Duralite or another brand that has the ability to set the number of cells and a charge rate of no more than 1 amp. You will also require a charge lead that plugs into your radio from the charger you are going to be using. Make sure that the charge lead is for a Futaba radio and not a JR as the polarity are not the same.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:21 PM
rcpete2

I need to settle something, can fromeco batts be charged with a duralite charger? they are not 123s?
Old 01-07-2009, 11:08 AM
DuraliteTech

Hi RCPete2,

It is not recommend to charge Fromeco packs with our charger. Our charger was designed to work in conjunction with our Stay Balance Charge Safe circuitry that is built into our packs. The circuit tells the charger to terminate the charge cycle once the cells are balanced and the proper termination voltage is reached.