Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Nifty Lipo pack build program...

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Nifty Lipo pack build program...

Old 12-04-2007, 08:28 PM
DeadSticker
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nifty Lipo pack build program...

Heres a nifty lipo program that can be used to show you exactly how you wire lipos...

http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/_lipo.html
Old 12-04-2007, 08:32 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Nifty Lipo pack build program...

THAT's a great calculator that should be stickied.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:47 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

way cool!
Old 05-14-2008, 12:29 PM
SEVOOLIG
My Feedback: (94)

WOW,

Deadsticker you just answered my recent post to the forum..

THANKS A MILLION !!!!
Old 05-21-2008, 12:42 AM
shadow3621

hi, i am new here and am trying to get info for some of my customers and myself. i will use myself as an example tho. i have a traxxas villian 4 boat that uses the old 7.2 huge batt. packs. it takes two to deliver enough power to run the boat for 10 - 15 minutes. is there a special way to wire lipos to get them to take the old styles place, or can i just replace the connectors and run them instead? also do i have to change my speed controller if i switch to lipos?
Old 08-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Fiegs

Great find!! [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 09-23-2008, 12:30 AM
Druss

ORIGINAL: shadow3621

hi, i am new here and am trying to get info for some of my customers and myself. i will use myself as an example tho. i have a traxxas villian 4 boat that uses the old 7.2 huge batt. packs. it takes two to deliver enough power to run the boat for 10 - 15 minutes. is there a special way to wire lipos to get them to take the old styles place, or can i just replace the connectors and run them instead? also do i have to change my speed controller if i switch to lipos?
All you need are two 2S (7.4v) lipos of whatever capacity you want, put on whatever connectors you want to use, I highly suggest you use deans if you aren't already, make sure the esc has the same connector and go.

You don't have to change the esc, did you change it when you go from nicad to nimh? Batteries just deliver voltage and current. Remember that the motor specs determine which esc you use and the esc determines the batteries.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Fisher

shadow3621,

You will need to make sure that your speed controller has an appropriate Low Voltage Cut Off or stop running the boat when you notice a significant drop in power or the LiPo batteries will not like it.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Bcolici

Also DO NOT exceed the amp rating of the packs as well.

Ooops older thread,better late than never. sorry
Old 10-26-2009, 09:46 PM
lilliansayerseer

That's a good calculator. Great!!

Old 01-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Carnut1420

That is cool!! I feel affection for, standard, stable, and good-looking! I don't have any work practice with this company before, do you just heard about it or have their services, what is your skill with them.dupon registry
Old 03-04-2010, 10:49 AM
rcbatteries
Banned

We are a professional manufacturer of RC battery. which is a high-tech enterprise specializing in the production of Ni-MH, Lithium polymer batteries , all kinds of extension cable and adapter .Our products are mainly used for toys, model aircrafts, ship models, nautical models, electric tools, military products, and other fields.

We measure the parameters of each cell precisely and try to make the targets of cells the same. These lengthen the cycle life of Power battery effectively. Besides, we use special technology in matching which reduce the internal impedance between cells and make the efficiency to the maximum. The battery can be also fit for the discharge of high-current. The products have gained a good reputation for its excellent quality and high performance in the relevant fields. Especially the newly launched Race Series <chmetcnv tcsc="0" numbertype="1" negative="False" hasspace="False" sourcevalue="35" unitname="C">35C</chmetcnv> Continuous Discharge Rate of high power lithium polymer batteries. Its introduction into the market has been widely recognized. Our products sales volumes are risen sharply.

Our company now launches the G4 packs, they are our latest products which have higher performance and more reasonable price. The G4 packs are made of a new Hybrid construction technology, super-fine substrate materials, and final cell matching process, which all guarantee you not only this superb performance, but also tightly balanced and long-lasting packs. The batteries can be safely charged up to <chmetcnv tcsc="0" numbertype="1" negative="False" hasspace="False" sourcevalue="5" unitname="C">5C</chmetcnv> rate, which means the charge will be completed in 20 minutes. They will be your best choice when you checked them out.

If you are interested we could sell them derict to you ,save trading and fast shipping!!For any inquiries please feel free to contact with me

Changchun Hobby-Tec Technology Co.,Ltd

Adds: 13# <place><city>Huiwen Road Nanguan District Changchun City Jilin Province</city> ,<country-region>China</country-region></place>

Telephone: +86-431-85367979

Fax:      +86-431-85369822

Website  : http://epbattery.en.alibaba.com

Skype on line epbatteryex

Msn [email protected]

Old 06-26-2010, 04:39 AM
christyhobbyrc
Banned

Dear Friend,

This is Christy from EC Energy Electronic Co.,Ltd.
We are a company in shenzhen huaqiangbei,mainly doing RC battery,RC airplane and other RC accessories(Include RC battery,7.4V,11.1V,14.8V,18.5v,22.2v,1200mah,2200m ah,2500mah,3800mah,5000mah,RC Motor,helicopter etc).
If there is any interests,Welcome visit our office to know more,or can contact us with follow info:

Contact Person: Miss Christy
TEL: 86-755-82797252
Email: christy AT hobbyrcworld DUT com
MSN: newspecial AT live.cn
WEB: www-hobbyrcworld-com
ADD: 710 room,7/F,jing-ji building,Huaqiangbei street,FuTian,ShenZhen,china

Old 08-26-2010, 09:53 PM
armalite_ar50

Nice VERYNICE!!

YA should be sticky...

Also to the guy with the boat. get a lipo cut off for your ESC. will save you a ton of headaches and is only about 20 bux compared to the 100 plus for a lipo ready ESC.

Later
Rich
Old 10-28-2010, 10:37 AM
bgosselin

Hello all! I just found this sticky from viewing the referrer information from my server logs. I'm glad you found the R/C Calc site useful. If anyone has any suggestions, comments, etc, let me know. I'm always looking for ways to improve it.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:10 PM
guver

Haha, good. Welcome to RCU. It's about time. (hoober)
Old 10-28-2010, 04:30 PM
ITS ME DAVID

Nice find but to dangerous for me lol
Old 10-28-2010, 04:38 PM
bgosselin

ORIGINAL: guver

Haha, good. Welcome to RCU. It's about time. (hoober)
lol, I know. But RCM keeps me busy enough.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:40 AM
yotaman1991

Will somebody please post a proper way to use this type of charging, as I am sure it can be dangerous.I would like to try on myonyx 230 and blinky balancer with 2 new identical2s 4000's. Thanks for the post, I was looking for this.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:36 PM
guver

If you asking about parallel charging then the 2 + get hooked together and the two - get hooked together. The packs must contain the same number of (series) cell. Charge as 1 big pack.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:09 PM
yotaman1991

Will running one battery to a lower voltage say6.90v and the other 7.90v on 2sand then using this parallel system be ok. i say it would but I'd like to hear from others.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:08 PM
guver

If you're asking about the voltage diff between the packs (1 volt) when connecting them for parallel charge. Then it isn't an issue. I generally start the lower one first and then the higher one. Many will disagree and want to maintain a minimum voltage differential between all packs before connection. I've heard many different figures for this and have ignored them all.

If you want to know then use a clamp meter and hook the two packs together using your intented parallel setup. Read or log current at the very first start to let us know. (imediately upon connection)

Old 01-13-2011, 05:41 PM
bgosselin

Generally, for parallel charging, you'd want the packs to be pretty close. Also, don't forget that you'll also need to come up with a parallel balance harness to balance them at the same time.

The series charging arrangement is easier (IMO) because the cells in each pack are treated just like if they were one big pack. You just need the external Y adaptor for balancing/charging to mimic what would normally be hard-wired in a single pack.

Since you are using two 2s packs, this diagram from my site would be the one to use:

Old 02-26-2013, 07:41 AM
jleblanc
My Feedback: (17)

This chart is a great way to understand the wiring of Lipo and helped me alot...THANK YOU!!! this thread should def be stickied for quick reference... Just my 2 cent.

JOE
Old 07-25-2013, 10:48 PM
Adam914

• http://www.profit.biz/images/png/tick_circle.png); padding-left: 23px; background-position: 0% 50%; ">Nifty[/b]& BankNifty[/b]Pack[/b](BankNifty[/b]&Nifty[/b]Futures)
  • http://www.profit.biz/images/png/tick_circle.png); padding-left: 23px; background-position: 0% 50%; ">Upto 90% accurate predictions delivered
  • http://www.profit.biz/images/png/tick_circle.png); padding-left: 23px; background-position: 0% 50%; ">Receive trading tips and alerts by SMS, directly on your mobile
  • http://www.profit.biz/images/png/tick_circle.png); padding-left: 23px; background-position: 0% 50%; ">Important market updates are provided as it happens
  • http://www.profit.biz/images/png/tick_circle.png); padding-left: 23px; background-position: 0% 50%; ">Stay right on track with superior advice from the team of experts
  • http://www.profit.biz/images/png/tick_circle.png); padding-left: 23px; background-position: 0% 50%; ">Informative and regardful assistance provided by our supportDynam[/list]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.