Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Receiver battery question

I have a 4N1100 propo battery(NiCad). It has not been used in about 1 1/2 years. I have cycled it about three times. The 1st time it held about 900mah, the 2nd time about 1010, and the 3rd time a little over 1100. I charged it last night with my triton charger and it read 5.34 volts. This morning it reads 5.11 volts. Does anyone see any reason I could not use this battery for my receiver. I am just getting back into fueled airplanes. I would hate to lose a airplane due to a bad battery, but I could use to save the money right now. Thanks for all insight.
    Alan
    For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23, Club Saito Member #599

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Receiver battery question

A new 2000 mah 4.8 rx pack would run you $20. I'll bet your plane is worth a lot more than that, right?

Go to Tower and pick one up at http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNRH6&P=ML

Recycle that old pack and get the reliability and peace of mind you need to go out and have fun without worrying about potential failure.
    Rick - Columbus, OH
    www.ricktressler.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

At a glance the numbers sound pretty good. Fully charge the battery and then let it sit for a week before discharging again. You should not lose more than approx. 2% of capacity per day. If you loose considerably more than that the battery has a internal short that is out of tolerance from a new battery. If after this discharge you still have about 900-950 capacity available your battery is in good shape.

As listed above, you could always just go buy a new battery.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well it is now Sunday morning and the battery voltage has dropped from the last charge of 5.37v to 5.08v it has been holding this voltage since last night. I will continue to watch it and report back.
    Alan
    For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23, Club Saito Member #599

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Based on the info you gave, "I" would not be concerned about using the battery - it sounds fine.
    Have Fun! - Flylow

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's Monday and the battery is now at 5.01 volts.
    I think I will try it.
    This will bemy last post.
    Alan