Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Battery Maintenance Question: How to?

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Battery Maintenance Question: How to?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2002, 11:37 AM
ThomStilwill
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Maintenance Question: How to?

I use Accu-cycle plus peak chargers, and 1400/1700mah 6 cell nicads for my helis. I have been giving the batteries a full charge at a rate of 1000ma and then discharging at 250ma(I have the option to discharge at 750ma). Then I note the discharge time and check the voltage after the recharge. Is my discharge rate sufficient? Does it make a differance? Is the charge rate ok for the size packs I have?

Does someone have a good battery maintenance methodology and suggestion for good equipment? How often should I cycle(Test) the batteries?
Old 03-09-2002, 12:23 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Maintenance Question: How to?

Your charge rates are OK for the capacity of the packs you are charging. Discharge rates: the lower the rate the deeper the discharge. Cells are rated at C/5 discharge, so if you want to get as close to factory rating discharge at this rate.

Check the Battery Clinic for additional information on the care of your Ni-Cds.