Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Sirius vs Ace field charger

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 01:47 PM
Sport Flyer
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius vs Ace field charger

I am looking for a new field charger to replace my old Ace FFC.
How does the Ace Smart Charge Pro stack up to the Sirius Charge Pro Series? I want a good field charger that won't cook packs like my old Ace FFC. It is awefully hard on smaller mAh packs.

The Ace is considerably cheaper and I understand it was built under licence from Sirius. Is it as good or is it worth the extra money to buy the Sirius? I will be using it on packs from 200 to 1500 mah.

Thanks in advance,
Kelly
Old 04-29-2003, 01:53 PM
jbeck-RCU

Default Sirius

I can't speak to all the technical details, but my vote goes to the Sirius charger. I purchased one about a year ago on a recommendation from a friend, and it has worked flawlessly. I use it mostly at home one the workbench with the 12v adapter, but have also run it from my field box without any issues. It is incredibly simple to operate, and nothing can wrong. What more could you ask for...?
Old 04-30-2003, 02:03 AM
Ed

I own them both, and find performance identical.

I use them for charging on the way to the field, and at the field as needed. One stays in my van, and the other stays in my flight box.
( "Don't leave home without it !" )

I originally purchased the ACE, and then won the SIRIUS in a Pilot Raffle about a year later. They both do the same job, and are very user friendly.
Old 05-21-2003, 02:57 PM
Sport Flyer
My Feedback: (10)

Well I just ordered the Ace Super Smart Charge from Dave Thacker at Radical RC. $70 for the Ace, $119 for the Sirius. Although I think I would have prefered the Sirius (aluminum case, better switches and a lifetime warranty) I really couldn't justify the $50.00 difference.

Best,
Kelly
Old 10-13-2003, 09:42 AM
hlallen867
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Sirius vs Ace field charger

I have the ACE FFC and it works fine just plug it in and turn it on wait for the red lights to go off. I'm looking to buy another one if anyone wants to sell.