Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Venom VEN-0657 - A123 Charger

I just bought a Venom VEN-0657 charger ( http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=VEN-0657 ) I bought it from Ultimate Hobbies in Orange County, CA for a great low price.

It says it can do A123 cells. I have tried it on my NiMH pack from my RC18MT but I do not yet have a A123 pack to try it out on, sorry. My next battery purchase will be a 1100 mah 9.9V A123 pack 3S1P for my RC18MT.

It does have a PC USB interface, it logs voltage/current/capacity/temperature vs time. I tried it with Windows XP and it logged just fine. However, I did not have a voltmeter handy to measure its accuracy.

Hopefully, others can chime in here with their experience with the VEN-0657.

Thanks!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Venom VEN-0657 - A123 Charger

I just got my 2S a123 1100mAh packs in from www.rclipos.com The Venom charger does just fine.

I am now using the logging software to compare the stock RC18 1100mAh NiMH pack against the A123 packs I just got.