Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Dif. Battery brands

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 10:12 PM
RCdestroyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dif. Battery brands

is their really that big of a diffrence between these batterys besides the cost? http://www.maxamps.com/MA-4700-8Cell-Hump.htm and http://www.all-battery.com/96v4500ma...connector.aspx
Old 10-07-2008, 12:05 PM
zjwhitrock

Default RE: Dif. Battery brands

quality, nuff said
Old 10-07-2008, 02:16 PM
wolf@ma

the maxamps pack is going to last longer on runs because it has a higher mah rating, and i second what he said.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:16 PM
nikg

I wouldn't buy either one, really. Maxamps is overpriced and Tenergy does not have the best reputation. I've heard better things about Elites and ENER-G batts as far as NIMH is concerned. If you are really looking to spend that kind of money, then consider lipo, limn, or A123 as an option. Chargers compatible with these chemistries are becoming more common and less expensive.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:40 PM
RCdestroyer

Whats the best quality 9.6 volt 4500mah or above battery I could get?
Old 10-07-2008, 08:05 PM
RCdestroyer

By the way, are the custom made batterys from cheap battery.com any good?
Old 10-07-2008, 09:01 PM
nikg

I have heard that Cheapbatterypacks makes very nice packs. The Elite cells are supposed to be very good. Some of the best NIMH cells out there ae supposedly the ENER-G 4600 cells. Check out packs from SPC. I think they are highly recommended by others. SPC does a bunch of testing and matching before they assemble the packs. Be careful not to go only by the numbers. I doubt many people would recommend a Venom 5000mAh pack over a 4600 ENER-G or other top of the line pack.

As far as the very best batteries you can't beat the new lithium chemistries. Lithium polymer probably have the highest energy density, but Lithium Manganese and Lithium Nanophosphate (A123) are powerful for their weight as well and are safer. Lithium packs can get up to 8000mAh or more, but like most things the sky's the limit with prices for packs and chargers. Cheap lipos can be had for around $50 give or take, but quality packs generally cost $100 or more.

What is your budget and intended use for these batteries? How will you be driving? Street, track, bashing? Try to make a good choice based on your needs.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Chris_RC

Does anybody know the maxamps batteries numbers? I mean people would be stupid to spend $90 on a battery when it wasnt even matched!!! I bet they arent even 1.23 volts per cell.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:57 PM
RCdestroyer

How long would a 5000mah 9.6v NIMH Battery pack last in the rustler??