Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

CellPro Multi4 - Fuel % Remaining

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

CellPro Multi4 - Fuel % Remaining

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 08:00 PM
T-ster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CellPro Multi4 - Fuel % Remaining

I just purchased several A123 2300mah packs along with a CellPro Multi4 charger. I've charged them up and took my old Goldberg Extra up for 2 short flights with one of the batteries. The battery performed like a champ (I have the XPS 2.4 system where an orange light appears if it drops below 4.4 v, which for my 1650 mah 5 cell NiMH's happened within 30 seconds of moving all controls rapidly). Anyway, I hooked it up to my CellPro charger and after the short flights it stated something like 55% fuel remaining. After the charging was complete (within 30 minutes), it claimed to only have put in around 150 mah. (Which sounds in line with the short flights.)

Why would the charger say 55% remaining when only a very slight amount was used?
Old 02-19-2009, 09:00 PM
brewski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CellPro Multi4 - Fuel % Remaining

I can't answer why but I have noticed the same thing on my Multi4. I have also been getting a "Safety code 96" when trying to charge with the node adapter in balance mode. I called FMS support and they realized the problem and have a sofware fix available. They are shipping me a cable to connect and download the fix. Great support with FMS.