Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

!! Official !! Thunder T6 / AC6 Lipo Charger/Balancer Thread

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

!! Official !! Thunder T6 / AC6 Lipo Charger/Balancer Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 03:39 PM
ITS ME DAVID

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: !! Official !! Thunder T6 / AC6 Lipo Charger/Balancer Thread

I notice for lipo it works great but for nimh not so good.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:01 AM
Vic Z

No worries here. You just got more battery than you paid for. It's a peak charger and will continue to supply current until filled. I have a 4600 NIMH and fully drained will take over 4900.
ORIGINAL: downtown0309

Just got my AC6. When charging my 8.4v 3000mah Nimh pack, it kept charging past 3000mah. I stopped it in fear of damaging the battery. I thought htis was like a peak charger and would stop when the battery is fully charged. What am I doing wrong?
Old 05-18-2011, 04:02 PM
hobbypartz

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmPqAQR2UtE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1buk6SgtHtE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvXB6qWveJg[/youtube]
Old 07-08-2011, 10:03 AM
jabu32

noticed the other day my batteries went lasting that long. im using turnigy 3s 2200 30c and blue lipo 3s 2200 20c. i am running a 40a hobbyking blueseries esc and hobby king 5v/5a bec.

i thought id balance charge the lipos and measure them. im using a thunder AC6 charger. when they were done balancing the charger said 12.6v and 4.2 on each cell. i measured it with a dmm and the pack was only charged to 12.53. on this charger you can set the offset for calibration by holding the yellow and green button when powering it up. when i did this it the charger showed the correct voltage but it was still showing the incorrect voltage when balance charging. i ended up balance charged then non-balance charged and it went to 12.6.

any ideas?
Old 10-31-2011, 07:56 AM
M n M

Anyone know who to contact for issues with the AC6 charger?

I've had mine less than a month, used it twice now and the amber (right arrow button) has stopped responding.

I guess it's good that I got some basic set ups programmed huh, can't change much now!

Thanks
Old 10-31-2011, 12:27 PM
M n M

Ok, so I really need so me help with this charger. It seems smarter than I am! Does anyone have a set of simple instructions? The provided manual seems so vague to me.

Here is what I have figured out to do:

Manually charge my NiMH at a 2.5 mah rate (I have 3000 mah, 8.4v, 7 cell packs)

And set a discharge down to a limit of 1v per cell.

Thats about it, beyond that I can't figure out anything!! Well I'm sure that it doesn't help that I also found out today that one of the button has stopped responding (earlier post).

So what I'd like to know is how to set up a limit for charging. I'm told this charger stops charging once the battery has reached it limit but twice now it has stopped with the display saying it charged to around 3300ish MAH. I've read in the manual that it can be done but I can't figure it out.

Maybe I'm just trying to do something with this charger that it's made to do with NiMHs as it seems this charger is geared more towards LiPO.

Thanks!