Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Need some help with this strange battery problem

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Need some help with this strange battery problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 07:42 PM
zope_pope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help with this strange battery problem

Hey everyone,
I have a problem with my 1400 mah 4.8 V battery. When i drop it on the floor it makes the entire radio system freak out and when i pick it up it goes away. Could this be the fault of a faulty y connector (it is connected on a y connector). What could cause this. it does it with and without the tx being on. I think its just related to the y connector, but i just want some expert advise on this. Thanks in advance everyone.

Adam
Old 06-28-2003, 10:24 PM
kadet
My Feedback: (5)

I'm no expert, but if it were me I would try the following.

Try a different Y harness, if it fixes the problem, you have a Y harness problem. If changing the Y harness doesn't fix the problem, you could have a battery pack problem. Try a different battery pack to eliminate the RX from haveing a fractured crystal or something like that that is responding to the vibration of dropping the pack. Try eliminating every thing the battery is connected to, switch, Y harness, RX, etc., 1 item at a time till you find the problem.
Old 06-29-2003, 04:01 AM
zope_pope

Thanks for the response. I will get on that tomorrow.