Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Need help with Apache 2500 Li-Po Charger

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Need help with Apache 2500 Li-Po Charger

Old 12-18-2009, 07:33 PM
jtnktz
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Apache 2500 Li-Po Charger

I just bought one of these for my Li-Po batteries

First I would like to know if I should hook up my Equinox Li-Po balancer up too it?
Second it looks like there is a weird connection on the charger end, would it be safe if I just cut it off and put bananna plugs onto it? Or is there a reason for it.
Third what rates should I charge my batteries at?
2400mAH 3S 11.1v 15C (25C burst)
2250mAH 3S 11.1v 20C (30C Burst)

Thanks in advanced!!!!
Old 12-19-2009, 11:28 AM
grizzly59

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help with Apache 2500 Li-Po Charger

ORIGINAL: jtnktz

I just bought one of these for my Li-Po batteries

First I would like to know if I should hook up my Equinox Li-Po balancer up too it?
Second it looks like there is a weird connection on the charger end, would it be safe if I just cut it off and put bananna plugs onto it? Or is there a reason for it.
Third what rates should I charge my batteries at?
2400mAH 3S 11.1v 15C (25C burst)
2250mAH 3S 11.1v 20C (30C Burst)

Thanks in advanced!!!!
I don't know about hooking up the Equinox balancer.
You can take off the connecter and put on any type you need or want. Mine has a red plastic connecter that matches to the type I have on the battery I usually charge. You should put on the plug that fits to your Lipoly. The Apache has set charge rates at 2500 mah's and 2000 mah's. Most Lipoly charge instructions say to charge at a 1C rate. 2400 mah battery to be charged at 2400 mah's. Since you cannot control the charge rate on your Apache select the rate closest to your battery. All the 2500 setting on the charger means it is charging at a 2500 mah rate. Your charger will know when to stop the charge when the battery is fully charged. I don't think it would hurt to charge your 2400 battery at 2500 or 2000 mah's or your 2250 at 2000 mah's.