Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

charger for sealed lead acid 6 volt

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

charger for sealed lead acid 6 volt

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 02:11 PM
86waterpumper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default charger for sealed lead acid 6 volt

I have a sealed acid 6 volt battery I need to charge up. I have a turnigy accucel 6 can I use this on nicad or nimh mode to charge it? I realize that the cutoff or peak isn't going to be right, but I figured I could set it to something super low like .5 amps and let it run over night would this work fine or not? I see on ebay i can buy a wall wart type charger that is 6volt output at 500mah etc is this alot safer to use or would work better? Thanks.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:33 PM
grizzly59

Default RE: charger for sealed lead acid 6 volt

Use only a charger designed to charge the battery you want to charge or you might have a problem sooner or later. Use the wall charger and check the voltage of the dry cell. I never felt good guessing about battery charging. 12 volt batteries top off at 13.8 volts. Don't really know the top off voltage of a 6 volt battery. Wall charger might have a light that indicates a full charge. Check out its specs.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Lnewqban

I don't know, but I guess not.

I use a cheap car battery charger that I found at WalMart for $15.
It has been working like a champ for years.
1.0 Amp-h is more than enough.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Accucell 6 has lead acid capability. Go to PB setting and set to 6 volts. Charge at 1/10 C and let'r rip. It will shut off when it's fully charged.