Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

New charger for Blade 400 Helicopteer

Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

New charger for Blade 400 Helicopteer

Old 03-17-2010, 12:03 PM
aminklein

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New charger for Blade 400 Helicopteer

I'm new to this subject, so my question is pretty basic. I'm told that the E-flite helicopters have EC3 battery connectors. I'm looking for a good charger, balancer. One that has been suggested is a Thunder Power TP610C. I understand that I have to be concerned with compatible balancer connectors and charging connectors. I believe that the balancing connector is compatible, but am not sure about the charging connector. How do I know that the charger will have a compatible connector with the e-flite helicopter? Thanks for any info. At this point it's all new knowledge for me.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:46 PM
speedy72vega

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New charger for Blade 400 Helicopteer

Most decent chargers will come with dapters for both style of balance connectors. As for the charge connector, you will either have to purchase, or build one that has the EC3 connector. I have a Triton EQ that came with both balance connector adapters, but it didn't have charge leads. I'm not sure what leads come with the TP charger though, see if your LHS has the charger you're interested in, and will look in the box to see what it comes with.
Making your own charge lead is pretty easy if you have a decent soldering iron, and most hobby shops sell the adapters if you don't.