Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

7 cell duratrax dtx 5000 problem

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

7 cell duratrax dtx 5000 problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 05:47 PM
buttdud1122

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7 cell duratrax dtx 5000 problem

hello, i recently purchased two 7 cell duratrax dtx 5000 batteries. they are fairly new, each of them having maybe eight runs in, for a total of sixteen between the two. one of the batteries has always worked great, but the other started becoming weak two or three runs ago. today when i drove around my sc10 with the weaker one, i randomly decided to check the battery, and when i felt it, it felt hotter than normal, except for one cellthat was too hot to touch. i broke in the batteries when i first got them at the manufacturer recomended settings on my duratrax onyx 230, and after charging at a low amperage for the first few charges on each battery, moved up to 2 amps to get a little bit quicker charge time. i dont see how i could have done anything wrong! please help!
Old 06-28-2010, 05:53 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: 7 cell duratrax dtx 5000 problem

Your hot cell is probably weak/bad or at the very least way out of balance with the other ones. A good way to bring them all into balance is to slow charge at c/10 rate fro 15 hrs. This will ensure all cells are full and ready to use. That's as good as that pack will ever be.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:34 AM
dantheman237

"for a total of sixteen between the two." that was unnecessary information.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:56 PM
dantheman237

YOU DIDN'T BLOCK MEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!