Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

battery up grade for toy grade rc?

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

battery up grade for toy grade rc?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Jgilk1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery up grade for toy grade rc?

what is the best option for a toy grade rc for not only mah but mah to weight???

currently i am running a 2/3aa 3.6v 300mah ni-cd battery pack but i want more battery life lol

so the question is what is the best rout for more more "MaH" power to weight wise... cause i can parellel and series but im worried about the weight of running a 6 pack

i don't have any objection @ this point but honestly i don't want to spend more then $15 for a charger and 1 battery... though i wouldn't mind spending more if there were multiple batteries....
Old 09-02-2010, 04:11 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: battery up grade for toy grade rc?

Try to find some 2/3 AA NIMH cells to make a pack. I'm not familiar w/ that size cell's capacity , but generally nimh is twice the capacity as nicad so you may be able to double the capacity.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Jgilk1

would there be any inharent issue in running a single cell lipo???
Old 09-02-2010, 04:49 PM
guver

No, that would be even more capacity probably. Just have to watch not to over or under volt it.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Jgilk1

well if i went with a 1000mah 3.6 volt lipo it would give more power as well as longer run times hum i just have to look in to that
Old 09-02-2010, 05:00 PM
guver

The runtime for sure would be 3 times as much. The power you may notice is about the same or better. It's probably cheaper too.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:34 AM
coriolan

ORIGINAL: Jgilk1

what is the best option for a toy grade rc for not only mah but mah to weight???

currently i am running a 2/3aa 3.6v 300mah ni-cd battery pack but i want more battery life lol

so the question is what is the best rout for more more ''MaH'' power to weight wise... cause i can parellel and series but im worried about the weight of running a 6 pack

i don't have any objection @ this point but honestly i don't want to spend more then $15 for a charger and 1 battery... though i wouldn't mind spending more if there were multiple batteries....
Would be hard to switch chemistry (Nicad to Lipo)for that price since few basic Lipo chargers can do one cell charging. But you would have a bit more voltage on Lipo and a lot more capacity. Don't know if its worth the money and effort with a toy grade product with limited habilities.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:25 PM
plane-addict

With lipo you need to stay above 3V while discharging, so you would need something that keeps an eye on the voltage. Don't wave this advice away or you will regret it

I don't know of any 1S lipo monitors, so...