RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Batteries & Chargers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/batteries-chargers-84/)
-   -   Hitec X1AC with Sky Lipo problem (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/batteries-chargers-84/11249126-hitec-x1ac-sky-lipo-problem.html)

Photea1 10-02-2012 07:58 PM

Hitec X1AC with Sky Lipo problem

<span style="background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);">Any ideas? I have 3 1600 Mah 11.1 volt Sky lipos and a Hitec charger. Over the last week the charger has started erroring out voltage too high on 2 of the batteries. Upon trying to charge again, I monitor the individual cell voltage and after a short time it starts bouncing all around on the individual cells showing 3-5 volts then errors out again. Think this is a battery charger or Lipo problem? Think it could be a balance board problem? I always charge with the balance board connected and in balance charge mode. When I put a cell meter on the battery after removing for the charger, it showed the cells fairly well balanced. Confused. Thanks for any help.</span>

trax de max 10-03-2012 01:52 AM

RE: Hitec X1AC with Sky Lipo problem

its a loose connection in the balance connectors or inside the battery.

guver 10-03-2012 03:12 PM

I'd guess the trouble is in the board,wire, or charger. It's happening with all 3 cells on 2 different packs , right?

trax de max 10-04-2012 05:40 AM

give a gentle pull on each balance wire on its own. If its on the two packs then chances are it's not the batteries. Its the connection somewhere from battery to charger itself. But i'd say its a lead from when it's pulled apart every time.

nonstoprc 10-04-2012 05:56 AM

You can rule out the balancer by charging without the balancer for a short duration. If the erroneous voltage message shows up again, the charger must be bad.

In general, if the balancer is in place during the charge, the voltage per cell seen by the charger will be lower, than if the balancer is disconnected.

Photea1 10-06-2012 07:11 AM

Thanks for the responses. Iplugged in one of the batteries I am having trouble with and watched the charge process. It did fine till around 4.15 per cell then started going nuts again. I clicked back and forth between total voltage and per cell voltage and it soon stopped and finished the charge. I wiggled the wires without success of making it mess up. I agree with y'all and think it is probably in the balance board so have ordered a replacement. If that doesn't fix it I'll send it to HiTec and see if they can figure it out. I highly doubt the batteries are all going bad the same way at the same time. Could be the other is doing it also and it just hasn't done it bad enough to error out. Thanks again for the responces and help.

trax de max 10-06-2012 10:00 PM

you can check for dirt on the pins too if it has been getting dirty it makes a poor contact.