RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Batteries & Chargers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/batteries-chargers-84/)
-   -   How do You Organize Your Chargers, Cords & Other Electronic Stuff? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/batteries-chargers-84/292723-how-do-you-organize-your-chargers-cords-other-electronic-stuff.html)

Greyhawk 09-29-2002 04:59 AM

How do You Organize Your Chargers, Cords & Other Electronic Stuff?

I'm getting quite a collection of chargers, batteries, wall warts, plugs, pigtails, and connectors in my shop. Cords everywhere, but little organization.

My Field box is in good shape, but the shop is a different matter. :rolleyes:

Any good ideas on keeping everything segregated and right at hand?

Red Scholefield 09-29-2002 10:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Power strips, wall rack for transmitters, overhead rack for planes. This set up is in untility room, takes up no space in shop.

Shadow Warrior 09-30-2002 01:33 AM

Two words that I have found "zip ties". That is if you want to keep most of the wires there for a while. Go to Walmart you can get a bunch for ten bucks all sizes.

4*60 09-30-2002 06:04 AM

Buy a hobbico charger to charge the TX and RX quickly. Seems to work fine. Keep one wall wart in case you want to slow charge with adapters. Keep something that will record the capacity of a pack.
Sell the rest here or on Ebay and bring your cost for the good stuff down to reasonable. Yes, I found even the basic chargers you get with the radio have a market.

CaptKAOS 09-30-2002 11:24 AM

ORGANIZE?????????........WHAZZAT?????????

LOL

Greyhawk 10-02-2002 05:59 AM

Red, I'm going to suggest to my wife that the utility room (which is rather large) is a great place for a set-up like yours.

Wish me luck. ;)

Red Scholefield 10-02-2002 11:55 AM

As long as you can convince her it will not interfere with her utility room operation you should have no problem. Tell her also that keeping planes and radios in airconditioned (or heated) space will make them last longer - less cost for replacements. If you do get the OK, always put diapers on mufflers. One oil drop on ironing board can blow the whole deal.

gone. 10-02-2002 12:09 PM

Wall Warts Etc

Ok So I'm anal about some things. I keep 7 transmitters hung on the wall in a row and their respective warts are plugged into a power strip which has about 16 outlets on it. That power strip is plugged in to a TME trickle charger. Above that from the bottom of a shelf hang the seven planes I have ready for flight plugged in to the receiver end of the wart. That way I am ready when the weather is. I have another TME trickle charger and into that I have Ni starters, small battery operated tool etc plugged in and ready to go. The TME charger idea I got from my LHS (RC Buyers) as thats the way they do it in the back room of the shop to be ready. If theres another plane around that needs a quick charg I just put it into the truck and use my Hanger 9 Double Vision @ the field.

dant-RCU 10-02-2002 01:38 PM

Red:

Ironing Board????????

Uh, who makes that kit?????

Dan

Red Scholefield 10-02-2002 02:08 PM

Kit? No, No. You make kits ON it. Great extra building surface. :-)

Panzlflyer 10-03-2002 10:00 PM

Mine organize themselves usually in knots that take experienced sailors and boy scouts years to learn.

KCFlyBoy 10-03-2002 10:06 PM

At least with the ironing board you can get the wrinkles out of your wing and iron your t-shirt at the same time. LOL