Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Glow to Gas

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Glow to Gas

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Goran619
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glow to Gas

when converting from glow to gas would you go buy the size range of the 2 stroke or the size range of the 4 stroke? I.E. 2 stroke 10-15cc or 4 stroke 15-20cc? I just bought 60 size TF thunderbolt that im going to start working on tomorrow and i would rather put small gas engine in and i am wondering if i should go with the DLE 20 or the Saito FG-14.
Jordan
Old 12-15-2010, 05:26 PM
Mk23socom
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Glow to Gas

I'm actually doing a TF P-47 Kit myself and am going the gas route. Still up in the air about my power choice but Iam looking at either a JBA15cc or a DLE 20cc.. price is near to the same, availability of a pitts on one or the other may sell me.. I would like to get the thing in glass before I pull the trigger on an engine, I think its prudent of myself to wait and see how much the thing weighs incase Ibuilt too heavy..
Old 12-15-2010, 05:40 PM
Goran619
My Feedback: (2)

I know you can get a pitts for the DLE 20 from http://www.jtecrc.com/DLEpittsstylemufflers.htmthere is also a wrap around style that will bring the muffler right behind the engine below the carb. and you may want to get the engine from my understanding going with a gasser on the smaller planes weren't designed to fit so you may have to recess or even move the firewall back a little to get the proper fit.
Jordan
Old 12-15-2010, 06:33 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

On the TF P-40, I would go with the DLE-20

I've used a 20cc on several 60-size warbirds and it's a little more power than needed, but it's really nice
Old 12-15-2010, 06:43 PM
scooterinvegas
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

On the TF P-40, I would go with the DLE-20

I've used a 20cc on several 60-size warbirds and it's a little more power than needed, but it's really nice
X2!